The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the foxpro wf2 and I plan on using it mainly for coyote and fox just curious on what sounds people have had the most success with and if there are any tips or tricks this is my first electronic caller.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have the same caller its a great choice, I like the wood pecker distress calls, lightning jack, snowshoe hp , female long / deep howls... and the kitten cries if your near suburban areas seems to work real well. also try and get a small tripod for a camera its got the same thread on the bottom of it, it will keep it out of the snow tgus increasing the battery life a good bit. also becarful with tye remote if it get knocked it will switch if your using foxbang, try turning that up to high sensitivitly. And dont put the xall too far from you or it may be slow to react to the remote agian the tripod helps alot. good luck

·
Registered
927 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go out with the crow calls on a sunday they work VERRY well and you will have fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man will try everything out. Plan on taking a nap than heading out till sunup

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the popular choices on foxbang? What are u guys using for coyote, red and gray fox? What's your foxbang sound

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went out this morning from 7-9 with the foxpro wf and had no luck. I have been lucky enough to track these fox to their den from the snow fall and I'm 99% positive they are in there
I counted atleast 7 different tracks.

I set up about 200-300 yards away and nothing came out or down the road. The old logging road no longer in use by trucks
I used vole squeeks along with mouse distress. Threw in the baybee cottontail. And nothing.

Can someone give me some hints on calling
A pattern or sequence
thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts