The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow I might be going to get a foxpro spitfire. I was just wondering what yous thaught of the spitfire like pros and cons of the call.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got this call right before Christmas and I'm having a blast calling predators in. For the price you can't beat it. Only con I have is the volume control. Just as most have said volume 1 and 2 there is barely any change and very soft. I usually start my stand on setting 3. Settings 4 and 5 are a big jump in loudness.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
notch113 said:
I got this call right before Christmas and I'm having a blast calling predators in. For the price you can't beat it. Only con I have is the volume control. Just as most have said volume 1 and 2 there is barely any change and very soft. I usually start my stand on setting 3. Settings 4 and 5 are a big jump in loudness.
Yea I know its on sale at my local shop for $150 so I'm going to hopefully get it tomorrow if its still in stock.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think they dropped the price of the wildfire to around the same as the spitfire and I'm pretty sure the remote is a little better on the wildfire I have a wildfire and love it

G

·
plus is the price and great foxpro sounds. minus it is not loud enough for larger farms or crow hunting IMHO>

·
Registered
927 Posts
I use my wildfire for crow hunting and it work great, if its windy though they can take a while to show up though because its not super loud, I dont think its any louder than the spitfire. I usually blow a mouth call with it though for crows for a bit more sound but it will deffinitly work for coyotes and foxes.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
swpa87 said:
I use my wildfire for crow hunting and it work great, if its windy though they can take a while to show up though because its not super loud, I dont think its any louder than the spitfire. I usually blow a mouth call with it though for crows for a bit more sound but it will deffinitly work for coyotes and foxes.
Yea Im onlu using it for fox and yotes maybe snow geese too but I dont hunt crow so thats not a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts