The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if anyone out there has a Fox Pro Spitfire, I know its the low end of them but not sure if it was still a good buy. Comes with 24 sounds, But I heard its not very lowd. I would be using this for Coons, Crows, and predators. If anyone has any input please let me know, or if I should spend some more and get the Wildfire II?
Hunter

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Buy the wildfire for $212 tyd from foxpro. Speaker is slightly better, remote is light years better than the spitfire.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have a spitfire and it is a good starter call. I did buy an external speaker to give it some more juice. If the Wildfire is only that price then i would start off with one of those.

·
Banned
212 Posts
My spitfire is awesome but if there's something better for less go for it. the only thing i recommend is that you buy directly from foxpro because then you can choose the sounds you want. Other places you buy them from they are already preprogrammed, ie cabelas and numerous other websites. i primarily use my spitfire for crows and foxes and i do sometimes add an external speaker when hunting crows to spread the sound around so to speak. Either model you choose foxpro is the only way to go and you won't regret it

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Don't bother with a spitfire. Pick up the wildfire.
I wish I held off 2 months. I could have got it for the same money I paid for the spitfire.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The external speaker imo is almost a must for crows. Wildfire cranked up 100 yards away has less volume than live crows 500yds+ away. Will it call crows in, yes. Do you have to be spot on to call crows in with a Wildfire w/o an external speaker, wouldn't hurt.

I like my caller, I'll probably upgrade and buy a Hellfire or Furry in the future.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys, My main target will be foxes, I got to thinking have an old johnny stewart that is great for crows. I would think either one would be alright for Fox and Coons

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
FullDraw24 said:
Wondered if anyone out there has a Fox Pro Spitfire, I know its the low end of them but not sure if it was still a good buy. Comes with 24 sounds, But I heard its not very lowd. I would be using this for Coons, Crows, and predators. If anyone has any input please let me know, or if I should spend some more and get the Wildfire II?
Hunter
I dont believe fox pro offers the spitfire any longer , although i do see them offered on a few internet sale sites , my advice is buy the wildfire.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a Spitfire last year and loved it.
Upgraded to a Wildfire II a couple of week's ago and didn't like it.I found the TX9 remote hard to read at night and a little finicky.
Sold it and bought a Fury to get away from the TX9 remote.

Cabelas was selling Spitfires for $129 two weeks ago. That's a hard deal to beat. Load it up with rabbit, bird and rodent distress and you'll be good to go for reds.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shovelheadave, I found the call on allpredatorscall.com for 139.99(with your choice of 24 sounds) and from what I hear, Cabelas sell the call with the sounds already preset. Of course you could buy other cards I suppose

·
Registered
406 Posts
APC is a better idea than Cabelas then. You'll spend that extra $10 fast adding sound packs and APC has good customer service.

Are you far enough out of the SE to get into grey fox ?? If so, be sure to add some grey vocalizations to your list.

·
Registered
925 Posts
You can always contact FoxPro and they sell reconditioned calls that come with a warranty. You may be able to get into an upgraded call that way. If you call FoxPro ask for Zack Just an idea...Rick

·
Super Moderator
4,705 Posts
I bought my spitfire from cabelas a few years ago, and I have no complaints...Last year I talked to Zack and he hooked me up with 24 more sounds for it. From now on, all my purchases are straight from foxpro!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will try to get ahold of zach then thanks Guys! And Shovelheadave there seem to be many grey for where I live. About two hours north of Pittsburgh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts