The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use fox meat for bait for fox.? Ive always used watever i could find but got a fox and figured i would try that.

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Try it and see what happens!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
ya and then tell us!!! haha i tried possum fat, doesnt work well in the woods at least

·
Registered
436 Posts
not only do i use the meat for bait, many times i stuff a front leg cut off from skinning down the hole after putting a dash of fox gland lure on it. anything i snap and skin, i trim for bait, but no, i dont bother tracking what i've caught off of what, but i DO know i snap new fur off of snapped fur meat. pretty sure the last was coon bait on a gray, but who knows. meat taints and smells, and hungry bellies like things that smell.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a bunch of fox glands and testicles I will be grinding and using for lure shortly. Haven't used anything else from fox.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I guess you could use a fox paw off a catch in the hole, in a new set, perhaps at a new location you are just setting up. The paw will have all the stink from the catch circle. Could try a grey fox paw if setting an area with almost all reds, or try either fox paw when doing a fresh coyote set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts