The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,997 Posts
My first reel was a Pflueger Supreme, Then a Mitchell 300 I still have and use.

·
Administrator
30,493 Posts
The closed Shakespeare in the first photo was my very first reel! Can still recall using that as a 6 year old.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That Zebco 202 was my first reel. That reel was part of a lot of good times while I was growing up!! Dad was always partial to Mitchell 300’s and 308’s.
Those were the days!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's a few of my old reels:

This was the 1st quality reel I ever had. I bought it in the late '70s after winning some money in a neighborhood poker game. I used it hard for about 10-15 years and caught tons of fish with it. It was top of the line quality when I bought it, but kinda lame by todays standards.

This is another good reel I had back in the day. Bought this one around 1980. The 1st rear drag reel I ever had and the drag was actually pretty smooth. It ended up being stolen out of my pick-up truck in the late '90s.

This one was from the early '90s. I bought it to replace my worn out Shakespeare 2499. It was a solid reel but not as smooth as the Shakespeare. I used it for quite a few years and eventually gave to my nephew who had it stolen out of his rental garage.

I think I got this one late '90s or early '00s? Hoped it would be as good as my earlier Shakespeare reels but it was not even close. Didn't keep it for long. Sold on eBay.

Flea market find.

Flea market find.

and another flea market score.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I think the Mitchell 300 was one of the best reels ever made. I have several and love them.
same here. i have three of them. had two of them since i 13 years old. got the third one about 5 years ago. i take them apart every few years and clean and grease them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts