The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
Well Sullivan got hit hard with the virus. They had one whole case and that person supposedly was infected in Idaho and reported it in Sullivan.

Seriously it is sad but the people up there are concerned and apprehensive about the virus.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dog, just a load of misinformation. Because of the Covid I spent 3 weeks trout fishing and turkey hunting up there. The locals did not want anyone but full time owners in the area. A lady at the food store said “ dam out of towners” I get it!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
25ftup, you should have said to her that it is the out of towners that help support their community by paying taxes , shopping , buying gas , visiting local restaraunts, and other shops in their area. and lodging as well.. then see what she would say then and tell her you`ll do your shopping else where.

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
Dog, just a load of misinformation. Because of the Covid I spent 3 weeks trout fishing and turkey hunting up there. The locals did not want anyone but full time owners in the area. A lady at the food store said “ dam out of towners” I get it!
What "misinformation" are you referring to? You stated similar concerns using different phrasing.

Let me help you understand. This sentence "Seriously it is sad but the people up there are concerned and apprehensive about the virus" voiced the same concern you did but I didn't refer to “ dam out of towners”. That was a given considering the original topic was the Bow Fest.

·
Registered
10,446 Posts
NPC those folks up there are paranoid. I am aware of a few incidents that were taken to the extreme. I don't fault them for it because there was genuine fear among some.

·
Premium Member
23,591 Posts
Well Sullivan got hit hard with the virus. They had one whole case and that person supposedly was infected in Idaho and reported it in Sullivan.

Seriously it is sad but the people up there are concerned and apprehensive about the virus.
I really don't think cancellation was anyway connected with fear of Sullivan County residents attending Festival. If Americans weren't so ignorant coupled with possessing a cavalier/noncomplying attitude.....we would all be out of this pandemic by now. Now we're sadly paying an unnecessary price. Here in York they cancelled the York Interstate Fair...really a shame.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Huh, people in an area with little contamination not wanting people from the hot zone parts of the state potentially bringing the virus in. Imagine that, us hicks actually understand science! 🤔

Many didn't worry about the rural economy when the opener was changed to Saturday, a change that is more than likely permanent. But ask them to stay away a few months during a pandemic and all the sudden you're paranoid. I can tell you most locals, business owners included, were not crazy about recreationalists coming into the Northern tier during the height of the pandemic in PA.

By nature people are selfish and want what they feel is best for themselves. Even us Northern tier residents.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I think college football is done for this fall......maybe the NFL will play without in house spectators. Cam is going to be bringing some fashion sense to Gillette Stadium this fall!:LOL:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts