The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed 50 cal round balls from barrels when powder was forgotten, but how the heck do I remove a 200 gr. TC Power belt sabot when I forgot powder again? The bullet has a plastic tip, like a Nosler Ballistic Tip. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
air pressure through touch hole should do it.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Air compresser with rubber tip with touch hole removed.
Grease zert in touch hole and pump it out.
Remove touch hole and trickle a little powder in.Replace touch hole.Make sure bullet is fully seated.Fire it in the dirt.

·
6,450 Posts
you can get enough 4f in the touch hole if you remove it to get it out just put some in replace touch hole put lots of powder in the pan and fire into the ground. should work fine

·
Registered
746 Posts
Shockwave not power belt I presume. If you screw a ball puller into the tip you actually expand the bullet and tighten it into the sabot making things worse.

I would try and get as much powder throug the touch hole as I could making sure that the bullet is seated before firing for sure. If you can't get enough in to blow it out just blowing it forwarded will let you get more powder in then you can reseat the bullet and try Again.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
You can pull them out, I have done it no big deal

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I will try to shoot it out. Yeah, Shock Wave, not power belt. Brain stopped ticking 40 years ago.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
I agree, air pressure through touch hole should do it. If the air nozzel has a rubber tip all the better.

Point it in a safe direction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts