The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Never thought to count em. Had a BLT today.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I do not eat tomato sandwiches, I take the tomatoes and cut them in half (Normally Grape Tomatoes) and put pieces of turkey and cheese on top of them and then hit them with salt and pepper and munch away....I went thru MANY...Not Sure how many...sometimes while picking, many do not make it to the house, I eat them as I'm picking....You should ask, "How many Tomatoes have you eaten this summer" Add in homemade Salsa and Tomato Juice and it is even more!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
It's not the tomato's. The tomato....with a light amount of salt (I can't help it....it's just to good!) is a fine side dish to the real summer food of.......Sweet corn with a slather of butter!!!!

And....if your really into it....skin a cucumber, and drown it in vinegar with some pepper for another side dish!!!

Oh....and if you like....pull out some venison back straps and cut 'em into small chunks.....smatter some olive oil on 'em....and grill 'em for ten to twelve minutes.

Burp!!

SW

(PS....it's not important how many 'hogs you have shot.....it's how many there are left to shoot!!)

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
great white hunter said:
None!I hate them things.I only plant them because everyone else loves them.

Funny thing is i can eat them cooked though!
I'm the same way, and I've met a couple other people that have the same thing. Even the smell of a raw tomato will put me right off my feed. I won't even eat a sandwich or a burger that has a slice of raw tomato. But you cook it up, I can eat them just fine.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Just made another batch of tomato juice today.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
So far I have shot one (1). In terms of numbers it is the worst year I have had since I started hunting them in 1966. But the shot was memorable: a snap shot at about 40 yards with my 5mm rimfire. Also, the time I have spent huting them this year has been minimal but each time in the field has been a treasure.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You shoot tomatoes?

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Rotten tomatoes actually make really cool .22 targets. You can see the impact from a long way off, and they're way cheaper than shoot'n'see.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Well John, this is right up there when I thought the subject was quill pens and it was actually QUAIL pens.... My reading comprehnsion ain't what it used to be. nevermind................

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I'm to the point that I could care less if I see another tomato until next year. I've canned more than I ever have in the past. In fact, I started taking plants out of the garden.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts