The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little camp is nestled neatly in forest county on jones farm road muzzette road, used to be a little tar paper shack, now weve renovated the entire thing including outside! its not much but it looks nice, many memories there, many more to come!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its looking good. You have to love Forest County. Not 1 red light in the whole county. I have been there many years. I am over by Cook Forest.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Nice camp , need a small deck to replace those wooden steps and you'll have it,,,,,, nice job, enjoy....

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Nice job! My camp is on German hill but I hunt off Jones farm a bit. Kinda neat the way your camp community is tucked back in away from the whole world.

·
Registered
49 Posts
TeamKeystone....I also have a camp down jones farm road. I think i know exactly where your at! Our camp is across from Dillards (RIP) camp. Glad to finally meet someone in the same area. Best of Luck in all future hunts and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
Are there any camps on jones farm road that are more isolated and away form any of the other camps?

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
octagon said:
Are there any camps on jones farm road that are more isolated and away form any of the other camps?
Yes. There is a little "village" of camps near the Arlington Sportsmen property, but there are a few scattered along the road coming in that are more isolated.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah our camp is the last one on jones farm about a mile down the road on the right, after us there is nothing but wilderness until you get way out to the end of the road, its awesome for years it was a little black tar paper shack, now it sticks out like a sore thumb haha, we had a problem people stole stuff, so we had an adt system put in as well as a friend of mine drives by it each day so he checks on it!!!

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
teamkeystone said:
Our little camp is nestled neatly in forest county on jones farm road muzzette road, used to be a little tar paper shack, now weve renovated the entire thing including outside! its not much but it looks nice, many memories there, many more to come!

We're neighbors. I have the grey sided place on Stockdale road (sort of at the top of the hill.) One guy you have to meet up there is a local, John Leslie. He's the go to guy up there for knowledge on construction, plumbing, electrical and things like that. Plus, his workshop is better stocked than any Home Depot, so he can save you a trip to town if you need some building supply. You'll see him if you spend any time up there. He's usually putting around on a Diesel Gator. He also has a backhoe that he plows the roads with and digs holes for people. He and his wife Carolyn are great folks and, you'll find, great neighbors.

I'm sure I'll see you up there in the course of the summer. I'll look for your place next time I'm up.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good my friend! within sight of the camp 3 years ago, i took a 146" 10 point, with a bow, theres some giant bucks down there!!! i love that place, id live there if i could

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
Yeah, I'd live in my place too but mine is in a perpetual state of construction. Hopefully, John and I are gonna get some plumbing in next year. If your place is all done, I envy you. You can just go up and hang out. I'd love to be able to do that.

I'll tell you, there are bears all over the place up there too.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Always wanted to hunt off Jones Farm Road, we always hunted around the area. Well this year for bear and deer we hunted back that area. WOW, man what I have been missing. I hunt all over the ANF, but I like to roam and not worry about running out of woods. We did not shoot anything, but we did see lots of game all days. I will be spending more time there before next fall.

·
Registered
816 Posts
X2 on the tree's..... There an accident waiting to happen
& they don't even have to fall down!
Great looking camp...congrats

1 - 18 of 18 Posts