The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Arrowhead Outdoors in downtown Tionesta was broken into and 49 handguns were stolen along with other miscellaneous items. Ladies at the pharmacy told me today when I was picking up a prescription. What a shame, Eric is a nice guy who has helped me out a few times with some firearms.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Every time I hear something bad happening in my beloved forest county it makes my heart hurt. I always felt like when I am at camp I am away from all the crap but I know bad things happen every where. Hope they catch the creep or creeps!

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Burglary not robbery.If it was a robbery he could have stopped it with his own gun.Any gun shop I have been in all employees are armed.Cameras may help catch them after the fact.Had to be more than one person,49 handguns would be heavy.They had to know the lay out of the shop and police response time.I know the state police barracks are not far away.Did he have an alarm with a cell back up?Did you go to the gun shop to verify this?Tionesta isn't very big.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiamovi said:
Burglary not robbery.If it was a robbery he could have stopped it with his own gun.Any gun shop I have been in all employees are armed.Cameras may help catch them after the fact.Had to be more than one person,49 handguns would be heavy.They had to know the lay out of the shop and police response time.I know the state police barracks are not far away.Did he have an alarm with a cell back up?Did you go to the gun shop to verify this?Tionesta isn't very big.
I know he has security cams. As far as alarm systems, etc, I don't know. But only an idiot would own a gunshop and not have one. The pharmacy I was at is right next door to it. There were some piles of busted up wood out front of the door. I was not going over there and bother Eric after what had just had just happened to him. I'm sure the last thing he wanted was people walking in there nebbing around and asking him what happened. It's a small town a word travels fast. I'm sure as soon as the first person found out the phone lines lit up in our area. By now 95% of Forest county probably knows. That's how things work up here.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
winchesterbob said:
State police barracks was moved to Marienville several years ago...
Yep. It would take them a solid 30min+ to get there. Although the sheriff could have been there in 10 seconds.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have encountered the sheriff patrols on some of the most remote roads in Forest County. They are always in the Kellettville area.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rem760 said:
I have encountered the sheriff patrols on some of the most remote roads in Forest County. They are always in the Kellettville area.
Trying to pop cougar bobs DUI's!

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
winchesterbob said:
State police barracks was moved to Marienville several years ago...
They aren't at the top of the hill by Tionesta builders supply anymore?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Wow, that is a shame. Young guy really trying hard to to a good job at a tough business in a small market. I hope they catch the dirtbags and I hope they give em the max penalty times 49!

The good news is that it IS a small town and it's very unlikley that the jerks will be able to keep quiet about it.

I also hope that anyone stupid enough to buy a handgun for a "too good to be true" bargain price out of the trunk of some roached out Chevy Cavalier from some crackhead gets nailed too cuz thats probably how thise guns will turn up.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
most likely not local hoodlums but some from a closer, larger city. the thugs from Erie have been going out into the county to burglarize homes during the day, just to steal guns.

the penalty for stealing a gun or having a stolen gun should be a MANDATORY 10 YEARS.

no questions, no court trial, just 10 YEARS.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The ATF will be involved with this along with the state boys. They will catch them just as they caught those philly guys that robbed Ackermans in Potter some time back.

·
Registered
25,787 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic">Ackley's</span> in Westfield, was burglarized a year or two after the "new bozo" bought it. Probably been about ten years now?

Cut phone line (no security alert), broke in and opened overhead door in warehouse area, backed van inside. Wee hours on a Sunday, cops figured they were inside for some time loading handguns and semi rifles.

No one noticed until early Sunday morning.

Most of the thugs/loot were recovered down towards Philly.

Trop in Elizabethtown was also broken into recently, lots of handguns and probably "tactical" weapons gone.

Odd, because it was a fairly new location and one of their employees told me a few years ago, that they had "a state of the art" security system. Apparently not?

·
Banned
3,541 Posts
delhunter said:
The ATF will be involved with this along with the state boys. They will catch them just as they caught those philly guys that robbed Ackermans in Potter some time back.
Ackleys is in Westfield, Tioga County.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bohunr said:
most likely not local hoodlums but some from a closer, larger city. the thugs from Erie have been going out into the county to burglarize homes during the day, just to steal guns.

the penalty for stealing a gun or having a stolen gun should be a MANDATORY 10 YEARS.

no questions, no court trial, just 10 YEARS.
Yeah that's what we're thinking. I bet whoever did it was up here over the holiday weekend and cased out the joint. I'd bet money if they review the security tapes their pictures are on there over that weekend. Those guns are probably down in Pittsburgh killing people as I type this. I hope they get nailed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Man I got that all wrong. You guys are right Ackleys in Westfield, Tioga COunty. Our camp at the time was on the potter/ Tioga border, for some reason always considered Westfield Potter. Clearly it isn't.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts