The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this certainly isn’t going to help with the delivery of new vehicles.

·
Registered
12,732 Posts
So much misinformation about unions and democrats, you obviously have NO idea how a lot of unions vote!

Unions vote? I thought union members voted and unions bribed politicians. 😊

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are probably looking forward to being laid off. There will be a boat load of gov. freebies that will be offered to them. Since covid I never saw where anyone exhausted their UC. They just keep on opening another claim even if they haven't worked in years. UC is just a pc name for welfare. If ford starts to ramp up again in a years or so they will have a difficult time getting any of these people to come back. I believe Biden signed a EO saying, basically, if you fell unsafe going back to work then cannot be forced to, hence, staying on UC.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
So much misinformation about unions and democrats, you obviously have NO idea how a lot of unions vote!
I have first hand knowledge of how Union leadership support the Democrats and gives financial support to their campaigns. Ever see the amount of union members in the parade in Pittsburgh supporting the democrats and its from various unions not just one.

Name one union that goes against the Democrats?

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Are you a union member? I am and I’ll tell ya most of us vote Republican. If you’re just watching the local Labor Day parade I would say you really have no clue.
Truth in this. I don’t think union members give a rats hind end about what their leadership thinks politically . Take the UMWA. In 2008, the UMWA leadership endorsed Barack Obama in the POTUS race. This in spite of his stance on eliminating greenhouse gases from coal burning power stations. Rank in file membership overwhelmingly rejected Obama‘s positions that would have led to elimination of their mining jobs. They voted heavily against him then, and, today, miners as a whole, vote overwhelmingly for GOP candidates.

Cecil Roberts, long serving President of the UMWA, is still doing the dance with the Democrats, trying to kiss their butts, all while trying to find a way to endorse the Green New Deal that miners and the mining industry universally oppose.
Take a look at the UMWA Facebook page comments to see how well that’s going over with the membership.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Are you a union member? I am and I’ll tell ya most of us vote Republican. If you’re just watching the local Labor Day parade I would say you really have no clue.
I'm retired and yes I was a union member at one time.

The AFL-CIO represents about 57 unions with over 12 million members and they stood on the stage with Biden, Steelworkers union president stood on stage introduced Biden and praised him, IBEW, UWUA, Iron workers, boilermakers, pipefitters and teamsters all stood on stage and got pictures taken with the president do you want me to go on I can.

You want to get personal and say I have no clue well your living in a bubble. Regardless of what you say when union leadership endorses a candidate that has weight behind it so until people like you instead of bashing people like me start pushing back on your union leadership ALL of your union jobs won't mean squat in the new world order because there is no way the USA can compete with ALL the other countries making or manufacturing g products at the wages the other countries pay.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
My neighbor who is a driver for Roadway,Yellow freight or whatever its called today said "Unions don't vote, union members vote." BTW, he and his two sons all voted for Trump!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I’m not bashing anyone chief, just hate the broad brush unions are painted with. But with that said I take the fairly early retirement date, wages and bennies any day of the week over a scab outfit.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
BTW, he and his two sons all voted for Trump!
Do you really believe that?

People say lots of things when it benefits them or takes the heat off them for something they said or did. I personally know people that said the voted for Biden at the time and now they say they didn't because of how bad Biden is doing its human nature..

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I’m not bashing anyone chief, just hate the broad brush unions are painted with.
I think we are both saying the same thing I just wish union membership would push back more on there leadership when it comes to Democratic policies so the leadership wouldn't stand on stage and nod their heads to everything Biden says.

·
Registered
Ravin R9
7,356 Posts
My neighbor who is a driver for Roadway,Yellow freight or whatever its called today said "Unions don't vote, union members vote." BTW, he and his two sons all voted for Trump!
Good point but if the union your a member of endorses a candidate it then has a bearing on which way members will vote

1 - 20 of 40 Posts