The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2016 Ford F-150 XL Supercrew and plan on adding running boards, a tonneau cover, and a bed liner.

Just wondering if anyone could offer any recommendations ? Not looking to break the bank but still looking for decent quality.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Just go online and type in truck accessories. You can pull up all the dealers near you and loads of online dealers. Just bought a 2016 regular cab XL package. It had bedliner and running boards installed. I asked them to throw in the vent visors and they did. My cap should be in this week at local dealer.

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Tow truck?

I have an Access roll-up soft tonneau. Second one I've had since 2006. This one is on its second truck, still in fine shape. Also the second truck the rubber bed mat has been in.

Truck came with flat running boards, which I like much better than the round ones that came on the 2010.

I also put drip guards on the doors right away, so I can go around a corner with a window open a bit when it rains, without getting a shower.

All the ones I've had on trucks since 2002, went on the outside of the door itself. None ever came loose.

Only ones they had available when I got the 2014, went up in the rubber window channels. They are awful, have been re-attached twice already. If they come loose again, they're in the trash. They now make external ones for my truck.

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
Didn't have a choice, as the in-channel ones were all that showed up on Advance Auto's computer/what they had in stock, when I bought the 2014.

Six months later, when one came loose and then another one, they had the other type in stock. FWIW, they came loose when temps were in the mid 90s. Same thing happened again this summer, when it got hot.

The in-channel type only has a few tabs for the double faced tape to stick to, big mistake, poor design.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I have a TriFold tonneau on mine and love it. Had it 1 1/2 years now and no issues. Had my last truck 7 years with one on it and had no issues except for the hole I punched in it, but that was not the cover's fault.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I'd think about a spray in liner. I got a Bullet Liner in my 2015 F-150 and really like it. Ford actually has a pretty nice running board set up as an option. I'm not a tonneau cover guy so I can't help you there. I much prefer a cap.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Id go with a spray in liner, my 2014 has a factory drop in and i have some holes in it. Tonneau pro makes a nice cover for around $200 or less off ebay or the truxedo is nice for about $250. I have factory boards that are nice but style isup to you. Nfab has tube style that are more offroad looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts