The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
If people are dumb enough to buy broncos or ford lightenings way over msrp that is their problem. I stopped at a dealer to look at a truck the salesman said was going to auction and will go way over msrp. the salesman said I can sell you other trucks at msrp. I thought jeeze thanks for the deal.

·
Registered
716 Posts
This article is from February. Farleys words did little to actually prevent any of this.

He is talking about doing away with the Ford dealer network. You would buy directly from Ford.
Farley will ruin Ford. He is obsessed with Tesla and the prices Tesla is getting. He wants Ford to be a giant version of Tesla. No way am I ordering an F-150 at full MSRP, waiting __ months and then going to look at it, drive it and then buy it. If, IF, dealer inventories ever get back to normal and customers can go to GM or Ram dealerships, kick the tires on dozens of trucks, drive them and then deal and get one for $10k under sticker like pre covid, only the most loyal Ford people would stay with the brand. The only way Farley's plan works is if the whole industry goes this route.

If people are dumb enough to buy broncos or ford lightenings way over msrp that is their problem. I stopped at a dealer to look at a truck the salesman said was going to auction and will go way over msrp. the salesman said I can sell you other trucks at msrp. I thought jeeze thanks for the deal.
I agree. The shame is there are people waiting almost 2 years for a Bronco they ordered and dealers are selling the Bronco that they ordered to someone else for insane mark ups. Scum bags...

The days of dealing are gone never to return.
Only if the whole industry goes this route. I bought an F-150 in December for $5k under sticker. $2k was a private mail offer from Ford and the other $3k the dealer knocked off. Not $10k off like my 2016, but decent considering. Right now with gas prices and inflation, trucks can be bought well under MSRP. People just have to be smart enough to shop.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I saw a post on FB that a dealer added $30 K on top of the MSRP on a bronco. That’s crazy.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
When these dealers mark their cars up past the sticker price they are hurting themselves and thd Ford brand. Word of mouth will put dealers out of business for robbing the consumers. I'd tell everyone I knew about their shady dealings. If a person puts money down on the vehicle for the sticker price I don't know how they legally can mark it up once it arrives at the dealership.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I highly doubt the CEO was that sincere and concerned about price gouging. CEO'S are paid to make a profit for the company and Ford gets a percentage of what dealerships sell the vehicle for so the higher the price for the vehicle the more profit for Ford and the CEO gets a nice big fat raise. Not singling out Ford because every CEO is paid for that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts