The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
He saw the camera move. I believe without the camera there would have been a harvest. Nice video anyhow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He saw the camera move. I believe without the camera there would have been a harvest. Nice video anyhow.
Thanks, Yeah he either seen us or he might not have liked the decoy setup. It was very tight quarters on the logging road and we had a jake decoy out. There was a small rise and maybe the jake decoy was a surprise he didn’t like when he popped up

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That happens to all of us I'm sure......many times over the years for me.
I don't know if there was a shot or not, but at 4 minutes and 10 seconds the gig was up.

Also, and I have killed a number of birds by standing up or rolling up to my knees, even killed one by standing and walking at him because he was in full strut facing away and I wanted to see how close I could get to him without being detected............but I'd think twice about putting that on film for the public to see. At what point does it become "stalking" to stand up and approach a bird to get a clean shot?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Patience can be hard to come by when Tom is in view.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You need to cheat a little buy a blind.
Agree. I'm perfectly capable of killing a turkey without a blind going solo or with a buddy. When filming with a handheld/tripod cam and trying to get quality shots without spooking birds? I ignore the critics and take the blind every time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts