The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that is growing very old is this phrase "we need to do something on guns to save our kids".

First the ongoing manipulation of the 20 adorable kids' lives in CT, then the ones up on stage during the executive order signings...now in every article you read some politician is stating we need to do something for the sake of our kids.

OK let's concentrate on the kids...as I see it the biggest threat to kids is being aborted and ever becoming a "kid" to begin with. I mean there are an estimated 1.2 million children lost last year to this "choice", that is alot of classrooms of kids. If that turns your stomach a bit too much and you want to bring it to a more central point, let's even reduce the number by those that are done because of incest, rape or to save the life of the mother. Let's be real generous and say 1/3 of them are for this reason..(likely more like 1/50th or even less) so now we are at 800,000 a year from bad decisions by both parties on some "romantic" night.

FOR THE KIDS they say....yes GOD is watching, he has to be.

I am proud to be among the millions of responsible gun owners, I am proud my 2 young boys went to the Right to Life march in DC a week ago with their church and 450K others on the recent 40th anniversary of Roe vs Wade to try to even save one of 2013's 1.2 million (eventhough my oldest has had the flu since)...in fact my only real issue is how all this makes any sense, I do struggle with this and would love not too. Anyone ever hear a baby's swoooshing heartbeat in the womb? or watch them in an ultrasound? They are cute then too, least to me. I will give ya though that they can;t write letters to the President or come up on stage with him or be flashed on a TV screen. is that what makes us stand for them overthe others?

Right to bear arms , man the founding fathers were pretty insightful on that one knowing how things would get after awhile. They missed the right to abortion though ?? I guess they could never even fathom in a million years, that we would do something like that 1.2 million times a year.

i would be interested to see how those legislators that support the "right of choice" on abortion , feel on gun rights???....may NBC or CNN will do a study or show that on tonight's show.

I try to refrain from stating my opinion,and note this is my opinion only not HPA.com's..but this puzzle is like the rubix cube after awhile I just am not going to get, i have to ask someone to help me solve it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
When I was a kid, it was a neat thing to get a gun for xmas or a birthday. Now they are making like you are evil if you give your son/daughter such a gift.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My 12 year old son came home from school 2 weeks ago and voiced his displeasure to me about the NRA. He asked how I could give those people money to be a member when they are trying to do away with video games? I asked him where he heard that and he explained that they watch the school news channel and they showed some guy from the NRA wants to ban video games. Today he comes home and tells me about the senate hearing on gun control they showed clips of. He said Gifford spoke and she was all messed up from being shot, and everyone was against guns. Public school at its finest. I got to sit down and explain every other day what's right and wrong because the school system is trying to pump out liberals in droves. The liberal government is everywhere, and they are going to destroy this country from the bottom up up.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
RB-HPA said:
I try to refrain from stating my opinion,and note this is my opinion only not HPA.com's..but this puzzle is like the rubix cube after awhile I just am not going to get, i have to ask someone to help me solve it.
We used to rip the rubix cube apart, and put it back together the correct way!!! (Food for thought?)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I find it interesting that the left is the "last defense" trying to protect kids from a shooter, but if you are unborn they are the first to call it the "mother's choice". How does that work?

Hundreds of thousands of kids, are killed via abortion every year, but when 20 kids get killed via a unfortunate school shooting it's time to pass yet more gun laws to restrict law abiding citizens?

No death of a kid is a good , or acceptable death. How is one OK, but the other is a tragedy?

It's just more of the same.

The Regime is selling gun control "for the children" complete with human props...but tax payer funded abortions are ok. So, the math is, killing a child while it's a fetus is cool, and paid by me, but killing a child while at school is , BAAAAD. I'm not real good at math in my head, but this seems like fuzzy math.

I'm not taking a stance either for or against abortion, but don't tell me that killing a child at 0 is ok, but killing one at 4 is horrible. Make sense?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wyomingcounty, this is the "out of sight out of mind" syndrome.

They can't see an aborted child, but they can get a dead 4 yr old on TV

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Double Lung 20 said:
We should have background checks to issue licenses to be parents.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! All around I'm tired of hearing "let's do <fill in the blank> for the kids"

A good parent will already be doing <fill in the blank> for his/her kids, so we don't need Gov. agencies telling us how/when/where/ to do it. Micro-parenting is getting old.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
We should have background checks to issue licenses to be parents.
I agree. Our son is adopted. The wife and I had to...
- Submit to fingerprinting and an extensive background check
- Provide our extended driving records including all traffic violations
- Provide a full financial summary, including all assets (house, cars, stocks), retirement assets, bank accounts, and our employment status and incomes stated on company letterhead.
- Provide 3 years of tax returns
- Provide (individually) an essay on why we wanted children and why on Earth we should be considered competent to have children
- Have our house inspected by a social worker
- Have the fire marshal come to our house and do an evaluation
- Have the county come to our house and do water tests
- Have a 2 hour office visit w/a social worker
- Have a separate in-house visit/discussion w/the social worker
- Have the social worker interview 3 of our references
- Give the addresses of all the places we lived pretty much back to when we left our parents homes.

Of all that, the fingerprinting was the most degrading. I called the PD and they said "sure, we can do it"- went there and spent several hours in the filthy lobby while some cop behind the desk said he had no idea when the fingerprint guy would be back (I had set up an appointment for 9am). At 2pm the same cop behind the bulletproof desk put his newspaper down and said "aw, what the heck, I can do it". I had been instructed to make sure they had a laser scanner for prints, and they did. The guy I made the appointment with said that's what we'd use (ink can be messy and if it's not adequate it may be a month or more before they tell you to go get another one). The cop who did the fingerprinting did it with ink, saying the scanner was only for criminal cases.

It kind of makes me livid to see all these crackheads and deadbeats cranking out kids they don't even want and don't take care of.

BH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts