The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to a Ravens website that show the stats of all 4 remaining QB's in their 1st 4 years in the league. Flacco's numbers are as good if not better than most.

Comparing Flacco

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Just for fun, here is Ben's stats through his first four years as well..........

Games Starts Comp % YPG TD INT QB Rating
56.00 56.00 63.53 207.63 84.00 54.00 94.05

You do have to admit that up to this point Flacco has been a gigantic choke artist though...........

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
You do have to admit that up to this point Flacco has been a gigantic choke artist though...........
Well, there is that.....

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Not so much a Flacco hater... more a non-believer. He just always seems to find a way to lose a big game by throwing a bad interception or taking a bad sack and fumbling.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doesn't take into account the running back/ defense combo he has also had the luxury of having.

Here's a fact he was won more games in his first four seasons then any quarterback in history has in their first four.

Does that make him the greatest QB......... no

It means he had the luxury of being on a great team. He's a game manager, not a game winner.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Flacco has been given a great O-line, big tight ends, anquan boldin, Ray Rice and still if there defense is having problems no one says don't worry Flacco's got this. He's average at best and chokes under pressure.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can someone please tell me how Flacco choked against the Steelers last year in the AFC Championship game? Housemenzadah dropped a perfect pass on 4th and 19 to end the game. It wasn't Flacco's fault. Had he caught that pass, the Ravens would have been the team in the Super Bowl and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Dropped pass

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflVvKbk454&feature=related

Heres that entire game, ugly game on both sides but you'll see why the steelers win. The commentators say several times flacco is innacurate and is floating passes. 16-30 125yds 1TD-1INT does not a hero make. He threw a pick to Ryan Clark. Fumbled a snap, runs out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing the ball away, and before T.J. dropped that pass Flacco tried really hard to give the game away by almost throwing a pick to a wide open Randall Gay he's lucky Gay's a pretty horrible football player because anyone else would have caught it and put them out of there misery earlier. Joe Flacco is mediocre, average at best.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
buckhunter said:
Joe Flacco is mediocre, average at best.
I never claimed he wasn't average. It's just that when you hear people talk about him, they make it sound like he is the worst in the league. He's not going to put up Brady-like and Rodgers-like numbers. He is good for 20 completions and 200 yards a game. When your defense is as good as the Ravens is, you don't normally have to be off the charts. Flacco has the most wins of any QB through the 1st 4 years of their careers. Ever. And don't get me wrong, I know it isn't entirely on him. But give the guy a little credit. He wins. I guess he just needs to wins some playoff games to get the credit he deserves.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I agree with what your saying there. I'm not a Ravens fan by any stretch, I don't think he is the worst in the league his play so far would be average. The playoffs this year is his chance to shut people up (including his own teamates). If he wants to be remembered as a good QB instead of just a game manager he's gonna have to show us something on a big stage, make some big plays, some clutch plays.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
rlfb74 said:
buckhunter said:
Joe Flacco is mediocre, average at best.
I never claimed he wasn't average. It's just that when you hear people talk about him, they make it sound like he is the worst in the league. He's not going to put up Brady-like and Rodgers-like numbers. He is good for 20 completions and 200 yards a game. When your defense is as good as the Ravens is, you don't normally have to be off the charts. Flacco has the most wins of any QB through the 1st 4 years of their careers. Ever. And don't get me wrong, I know it isn't entirely on him. But give the guy a little credit. He wins. I guess he just needs to wins some playoff games to get the credit he deserves.
It's just like all the Steelers haters out there. Everybody love to talk smack on Big Ben and the Steelers, because they win. Sure they have a few loosing seasons here and there, but not many, atleast in my lifetime. When the Ravens win the Superbowl this year (yeah, I said it) the hater nation will be out in full force talking junk.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He stepped up that game. Made the perfect game winning pass. It wasn't his fault Evans dropped it. Flacco went toe to toe with Tom Brady and out played him.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts