The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Food supply/survival

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Swift 
#1 ·
Anyone have any tips, websites they might like to share regarding the stockpiling of food for a major shortage, crisis or disaster?

Not just the normal stuff like canned food, dehydrated food, but rather 'outside of the box' type ideas.

#3 ·
www.survivalblog.com
www.survivalistboards.com
http://readynutrition.com/resources/create-a-personalized-emergency-food-storage-plan_01032013/

on both of these sites you should be able to find links to order prepackaged bulk foods. Also they both talk about gardening in great detail, and about using non-hybrid seeds. Feedback on Berky water filters and products people have used. Lehman's is a great source for products that don't require electric like grain mills and such. The more I have gotten into this the more I find I'm doing things more like my grandparents. I can only store so much food in the pantry. So I am now learning gardening, canning, butchering my own game, etc. Good luck Peppy. Happy to help if I can.

#4 ·
Thanks for those links BH... It led me to some other neat sites also.

I'm just in the beginning stages of getting some ideas on different ways to secure my family during a crisis... Any crises. Actually, not just during a crisis, but also ideas that are less modernized for everyday living.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.