The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
FoodSaver all the way! Have had one for 15 years and still works great. Their bags are the best too. Thinking of retiring the old one permanently to camp and buying a new one with more features for the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,369 Posts
bobby2bears said:
FoodSaver all the way! Have had one for 15 years and still works great. Their bags are the best too. Thinking of retiring the old one permanently to camp and buying a new one with more features for the house.
What he said!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,490 Posts
My foodsaver rubber seal failed after 2 years...still need to replace it...though when it worked, it worked well. Not sure why the seal ripped......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
Woodywoodduck said:
bobby2bears said:
FoodSaver all the way! Have had one for 15 years and still works great. Their bags are the best too. Thinking of retiring the old one permanently to camp and buying a new one with more features for the house.
What he said!
x2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
FrankDegamma said:
My foodsaver rubber seal failed after 2 years...still need to replace it...though when it worked, it worked well. Not sure why the seal ripped......
Contact their customer service, they have sent me one no charge in the past. It was a few years ago and maybe things have changed, but they were very good about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,369 Posts
FrankDegamma said:
My foodsaver rubber seal failed after 2 years...still need to replace it...though when it worked, it worked well. Not sure why the seal ripped......
The 1 I have had the same thing happen....5 minute phone call to food saver and they sent me not just 1 new seal but 2 incase if it happened to get torn again...

No charge at all, they told me how to fix it once it came and told me they would send me 2 rubber sealing gaskets at the same time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,369 Posts
bobby2bears said:
FoodSaver all the way! Have had one for 15 years and still works great. Their bags are the best too. Thinking of retiring the old one permanently to camp and buying a new one with more features for the house.
Think twice on doing that if your camp gets damp while you are not there....

I had 1 of the first food savers they came out with, we happened to put it away in a box for awhile because you had at the time had to buy the bags thru the mail only....the box got put in a cabnet in the basement....our basement isn't wet and does not get water in it, but it does hold moisture....I got it out about 10 years ago and found the motor had corrosion on it from all the moisture in the basement and it would Not work....Had to buy a new food saver....

NEVER again will my food saver be kept were there is moisture in the air!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but moisture isn't too much of a problem at camp. I will try and take the necessary precautions. Actually I just want an excuse for a new one!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top