The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was courious to see if anyone else is using food plots? I was thinking about starting a food plot but need some information on how to get started? I see that wildgame innovations and evolved habitats have a great product line of deer supplements, mineral supplements. Both companies products have a ton of naturally high fat supplement loaded with calcium and phosphorus. Has anyone ever used thes products? Are they worth it? Any information is appreciated!!

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
you may want to take a gander at the hunting pa habitat forum....it's a great forum with a lot of great guys and gals who can provide you with some excellent information. hope this helps!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
all the products out there are pretty good, you have a fella right up in Carniege that has really done his homework on minerals and has tested for about 2-3 years and now has a awesome mix buckdustproducts google him..

seed, you can by local BUT make sure you are getting grade A seed: germination rates should be on the bag and should be above 60% also if the seed is not preinnoculatd with the right bacteria ask for it in the ag store, it is a must,,, farmer us it we should as well. Most commercial inoculants are just clay or cornstarch which is good for moister holding, thats not enough & its usually a good % of the weight of the bag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts