1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Now, where'd you say they were in 2A?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Mine is just about getting eaten to the ground at this point.....

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I just revamped mine... Left some of the old orchard grass and clover in it, but planted new cereal grains, brassica and clovers. My deer are so overpopulated, they're always in it looking for what's growing...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
CJBS2003 said:
I just revamped mine... Left some of the old orchard grass and clover in it, but planted new cereal grains, brassica and clovers. My deer are so overpopulated, they're always in it looking for what's growing...
Get some cheese for all your "whine"

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Sounds like some deer need to die of "lead poisoning".

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
My foodplots are being used but not destroyed by any stretch of the imagination. Overall habitat management, herd management, and good growing conditions have made for an abundant food supply. Add in the healthy mast crop as evidenced by acorns littering the forest floor and I should have good foodplots for quite awhile.
The clover mixes are still being used and growth was plentiful this year with the continuous rainfall. The brassica and brassica mixed plots are getting used but growth rates are clearly exceeding consumption by a wide margin.
I have lots of oak seedlings that I would like to see advance to the sapling stage. I have more seedlings in the last few years than I've seen before, but I would like to see more advance to the next age bracket. Kind of like the bucks in that regard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts