The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my Bucklunch Ultimate Enticer. I planted about 1/3 of the field in just oats, 1/3 in Bucklunch, and 1/3 mixed. The mixed is doing very well. This is supposed to be a mix of turnips and sugar beets with some other stuff mixed in. It all looks the same to me except for the winter peas. It will be interesting to see how the deer hit it after the frost.

·
Registered
533 Posts
looking good. yea i would be intrested in seeing what they eat up the most. you got most of it covered if they don't like one thing they got the other.haha

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Real nice. Is this your first plot?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dutch, This isn't my first plot but it is my first big fall plot. We have about three acres of Whitetail Inst Chicory/Clover blend (2nd year-doing OK). We have planted corn and a bunch of other stuff over the years. Never enough money and time to really do it right. I enjoy messing with food plots and trail cameras almost as much as hunting anymore.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
have you guys ever pulled something like this off on public land and not had an issue with other guys hitting it too?

looks GREAT

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never tried it on public land. I'm not even sure what the law would be about tilling up public land and planting something.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Can't see the pics on this PC, but look forward to looking at them tonight.

I am 100% with ya on the plots and cams, I get as excited about that as hunting. I can't wait for "mock scrape" season. And seeing those fields of bright green tucked into the colored leaves of Fall, not sure it gets prettier than that. Well when the snow is piled and the deer are digging in it in the dead of winter...well that looks pretty good too.

As far as planting on public land...you have to have the mindset that you are planting for the critters not for a hunting hotspot (which is the mindset I keep for all my habitat work). And yes you would have to get permission to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts