·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

after mowing.

after first treatment with roundup.
had soil sample done thru penn state.came back ph 6.4 phosphorus 75ppm
potassium 115ppm magnesium 118ppm
the fellows at the fertilizer place I went to recommended 10-10-20. I got 4 bags.
I did the second spraying today. in 2 weeks i'll start turning the soil and fertilize.i got 4 bags of lime also to put down.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

my spray rig. cost 12.00 for the spray hook-up.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That area looks great. What do you plan on plating? I have only done clover/chicory but can attest that a fall planting comes in great in the spring.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to Ernst seed and got 7 lbs of fall sweet mix.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Aaaahhhh, I envy your FLAT food plot. Ha

Looks like you got lucky with the 6.4pH....good luck with the planting and please keep the pics coming!

What all is in their fall sweet mix?

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
You are really lucky with a 6.4 PH. Looks like a sweet setup.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

got it disked up.

put the lime and fertilizer down tonight. i'll give it at least one rain then plant.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Looking good!

If you are planting a turnip/rape plot, you might want to wait until about the first of August to do the planting. As usual, try to line it up with an upcoming rain event, but the small seeds will lie in your seedbed and wait for moisture as well.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Looking good!

If you are planting a turnip/rape plot, you might want to wait until about the first of August to do the planting. As usual, try to line it up with an upcoming rain event, but the small seeds will lie in your seedbed and wait for moisture as well.
I agree with OAWC. I usually try to plant during the first half of August.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Looks like a great place for a plot. Good Luck. My Field corn on the edges of my plots is about waste high from all the rains. I'll be planting a mix of Turnip and Beet in them come August 1st.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gonna plant tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
went in and hit it with the disc. hand sown then dragged a chain behind the 4 wheeler to cover the seed. time will tell!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts