The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchasing a new bow very shortly, although not sure which one. Will be shooting the Hoyt Maxxis 31,Hoyt Alphaburner, and Matthews Z7 tonight, and still want to shoot a Destroyer and Admiral from Bowtech. Out of all that I have held, I like the feel of the Hoyt Maxxis 31 the best, followed by the Destroyer. Whatever I may choose, I am thinking about shooting FOBS. I have never tampered with these. Anyone using them and how do u like them? Over at Archery talk, the guys love them. I will be using either a QAD rest or a Rip cord code red.

Please talk me into these things! I don't no if its the looks, or what, but I like'm. Currently shoot blasers. I do like that when you shoot a deer they fall off, showing exactly where the deer was standing.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
BW, FOB's are plastic cirlce that slide onto your arrow shaft in replacement of vanes or feathers. if you go to youtube.com and type in "arroww FOB" there are some videos to check them out.

I have shot them one time just to see what they were about (never had any intention on actually using them)(they were accurate, but no more accurate than vanes or feathers on a properly tuned bow), but in MY opinion the FOB has more disadvantages than advantages. if you have a full pass thru on a deer, the fob will fall off (not something i want to be looking for and waste money on, if i cant find the fob). if for SOME REASON the fob doesnt fall off, you wont get a pass thru. cant use whisker biscuit or anytype of enclosed drop away rest with fear of FOB to rest contact. im sure some use those rests, but i wouldnt use it with a FOB

Redgar, i think if you have to be talked into getting them, it is not something you really want. plus, there isnt anything wrong with blaser's. hey, to each his own, but I wouldnt recommend a FOB over blaser's.

hope you like your new bow!

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I have been using fobs for the last couple years . You will love how they work . So easy to change if they get damaged .

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purchased the Z7...see my other post for my opinion.

The dealer and I discuseed the use of FOBS, and he too sort of steared my clear, saying the same what was said above. I think I'll stick to the blasers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
They are rough on your buddies feathers when slides one down the side of a "fob" while shooting 3-D aye treerat?

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
123 5/8 PY said:
They are rough on your buddies feathers when slides one down the side of a "fob" while shooting 3-D aye treerat?
only when you shoot at them

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try them you won't go back to vanes. They are so accurate that you can't shoot them in groups because they will get ruined. Trust what i say i have been shooting them for over 3 years & they have never failed me. I will send you one to try for free if you like.

·
Registered
287 Posts
just a hint on the bow purchase my uncles destroyer blew apart 3 days after he got it so idk about them but have heard good things bout the z7

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Now that i know and have seen what they are i dont think i'd want to use them. Ive shot 4" vanes for years with no problem but have recently switched to blazers and i dont see any need to ever shoot anything else. I'd like to shoot a couple to see how thy fly but i doubt id ever make the switch. Im in love with the blazers right now.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
awe come on not even if you won a set of arrows with blazer vanes??!! just kidding you

am curious to know what your reasoning is- good and bad with blazers and fobs. Thanks much, Keystonepaul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts