The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody happen to have any hands on experience with these crazy looking fletchings...... I was interested in trying them out but would like some advice first. Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think a good number of people use them but me personally would not like them because I like to shoot at the same spot to see a group. I haven't yet gotten a robin hood but I shoot some tight groups sometimes and I know if I would be shooting FOB's I would be ruining them. I think they [FOBS] are supposed to come off the arrow when you shoot at an animal so that they "mark the spot of impact".

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats true about the groups, i had not thought of that. I too love to see groups and ive never put an arrow in another one but came close and busted some nocks. Thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
FOBs are pretty cool. The biggest issue when switching to FOBs is having the proper clearance around your rest. Some folks have issues trying to get them to clear the rest. They buck the wind better than most traditional fletching and are just another way to steer the arrow. Since the FOB is held in place by your nock when you get a pass thru the fob and nock pop off the arrow as it goes through the hide. Which some see as marking the spot of the shot and others view it as a chance to loose a fob and nock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was gong to switch to shooting easton gold tips this year. But the more feedback I get about the fob I am prob going to just stick to my blazers. I want to shoot lumenoks and I dont want them to pop off the arrow and vanish into the ground. They do sound very cool. Thanks for all your feedback and help guys!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lv archer thank you! i cant wait to try this out and thanks for posting links. Im stunned that ive never come across this be4 but thanks for educating me! really a lifesaver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts