The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they whooped up on the Capitals 8-2... 2 goal night for Raffl, Coots and Giroux. After 1st period jitters they calmed down and played a good game. I believe that makes them 3w - 2l so far this season their best start in 3-4 years. >:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
they really should have beaten Nashville as well, that was disappointing.

But, home opener? That was pretty great! Holtby wasn't in net, but even still I think the Flyers would have won (just not with 8 goals). The chemistry was great. Voraceck finally showed up to a game with performance that matches his salary.

I can't wait for the future. Between the trade deadline, plus future seasons, we should be able to unload some dead weight (AMac...) and bring up even more young talent. Hakstol has shown he has no problem trusting the young guys in high stress/pivotal parts of the game, and Hextall said he wants speed. Both of those things tell me we'll see more young guys sooner than later. We're supposedly still "rebuilding", but we've definitely turned the corner.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeayyy !! Someone else watching.... last year I was the only one still on the bandwagon(no sense posting to myself). Yes the Nashville game stank at the end(great up till then). Not sure what Hakstol saw that would cause him to challenge as even the play by play guys didn't see it ! So I blame the Coach on that but won't hold it against him. Good win against Florida and a rematch with Nashville tonight

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good win against Florida and a rematch with Nashville tonight
The rematch was ---- disappointing, though for 2/3 of the game the Flyers far outclassed Nashville, just couldn't beat their goalie. In the end, it was a fight between goaltenders. Neuvirth was absolutely amazing again. His stats this year are starting strong, much like his career stats for high-pressure playoff games. He's playing like a #1 in my opinion, and I've been on the Neuvy bandwagon since he got us into the playoffs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeayyy !! Someone else watching.... last year I was the only one still on the bandwagon(no sense posting to myself). Yes the Nashville game stank at the end(great up till then). Not sure what Hakstol saw that would cause him to challenge as even the play by play guys didn't see it ! So I blame the Coach on that but won't hold it against him. Good win against Florida and a rematch with Nashville tonight

we're still out here.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a tuff loss but a great game - chances at both ends but the goalies stood strong. I also am a fan of Neuvy just wish he could stay healthier. The organization is not known for being able to pick a goalie..... still can't believe they traded Bob for Mason(although Mason had his moments)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts