The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went there last night. Atmosphere was awesome and it was a sellout. Where were all the Pittsburgh fans at their alumni game last year? Don't even try to tell me whose fans give better support. Philly has some of the best in the country. Period.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Went there last night. Atmosphere was awesome and it was a sellout. Where were all the Pittsburgh fans at their alumni game last year? Don't even try to tell me whose fans give better support. Philly has some of the best in the country. Period.
The Alumni game last year was a sellout also. In fact it sold out in 10 minutes. Not the PENS fanbase fault that the NHL limited the number of tickets.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi_tech_redneck said:
The Alumni game last year was a sellout also. In fact it sold out in 10 minutes. Not the PENS fanbase fault that the NHL limited the number of tickets.
Smeh...typical Pittsburgh fan making excuses

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Why does the Pens alumni game even come into this?

Jealousy is a stinky cologne, and right now...you reek.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Excuses? I think not. Pittsburgh fans were in an outrage last year when the NHL put a limit of 10,000 tickets on the game. Do a google search, then get to me about excuses.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
the local tv ratings were pretty gosh darn good, even though it was played on a monday at 3pm.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Phase47 said:
hi_tech_redneck said:
Nope...Unlike you, I look up real facts!

NHL Winter Classic 2012: Rangers Vs. Flyers Draws Event's Lowest TV Rating Ever!!!

Alert, Alert. Most people had to work. The first time ever the Winter Classic wasn't played on a holiday. I bet the Penguins TV ratings are down overall this season because your Golden Boy still has a headache.
funny you bring up golden boy. pittsburghs hockey tv ratings were 1.5 before crosby arrived and have more than quadrupled since he was drafted. some markets just need a star to get excited about before they give a hoot.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Alert, Alert. Most people had to work.
You really believe that?

Here are some more facts for ya:
The holiday was on Sunday, which inturn made yesterday the "observed" holiday, which inturn meant that most people were off work yesterday. Keep digging, soon you will find yourself popping out in china!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Gator Bowl was played in Florida. Winter Classic in Philly. 2 different cities very far apart. Genius

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And just because 100 people watched the Gator Bowl this year and not just 20 doesn't mean the game was relevant. You're comparing apples to oranges. The Winter Classic is a completely different game.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
The Gator Bowl was played in Florida. Winter Classic in Philly. 2 different cities very far apart. Genius
Has nothing to do with your statement about most people having to work yesterday and effecting ratings. Which is why I made reference to The Gator Bowl being played at the same timeframe as the winter classic.

BTW, I did watch the Gator Bowl and not the winter classic, and I'm not in Florida!

Have a nice day!!!

·
Registered
21,036 Posts

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
I watched the winter classic. Personally, I like hockey better than I do football and I dont have any rooting interest in any bowl games.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Same here... I really enjoy the Winter Classic.

Besides, I do have a remote and I can use it well. I guess some guys don't.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts