The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a preferred fluorocarbon line? I started using stren FC last year and it was OK. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
My magic recipe for trout and steelhead is berkeley trilene xl mono for mainline and seaguar pro for a leader. I use a #14 barrel swivel and attach a leader of approx four feet of flouro . The trilene is inexpensive very durable and casts like dream . The seaguar gives you the stealth advantage of invisibility as well as the mono floats while the flouro sinks which is another benefit if you drift or float fish much like i do .

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks........exactly......the sinking line complaicates things when using a slip bobber.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
SEAGAR IS THE BEST

but i use suffix 6#. You cant beat if for the price

·
Registered
743 Posts
I use Gamma flourocarbon leaders. 3-4 feet in lentgh for trout 5 foot or so for small mouth. I buy a 50yd spool each spring and last me all year. INVISABLE under water 4 lb for trout and 8 for bass

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Another nod for GAMMA line. Strongest line I have ever used. I use 6-20 lb test depending on what I'm fishing for and what technique I may be doing. The other plus is that it's based right here in Oil City PA.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I'll try mono as my main and seaguar as a leader. Used seaguar last year and loved it. Look on eBay, you can find good deals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts