The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which ever one it is i got hit with it last night on the road. that wasn't fun, extream weakness and shakes, feaver, runs, neaseau, body aches. i guess i paid the price for hardly ever being sick. its been over 12 years scence i called off work. i did today! i'm trying to sneak a cup of coffee in me. its not working real well

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have gotten 3 12 hour flu-like sicknesses in the past 5 weeks. Very intense, but short-lived.

Better than a 3 week sinus infection I suppose.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Had the 3 week sinus infection last month,
Now with the wife and kids taking turns getting sick
I feel like i keep fighting of little bouts of flu.
Again today its starting.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
That actually sound like you ate something that was not fit for human consumption. If you are having trouble even keeping down fluids get some Pedialite or Propell. Anything to get some electrolites down there.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I got hit by something sudden and nasty the tuesday before Thanksgiving. About 3pm I was all of a sudden in intense stomach pain and unpleasantness from both ends every 15 minutes or so. Couldn't get any fluids to stay down, so I dehydrated incredibly fast and my girlfriend took me to the hospital.

They stabilized me with anti-nausea meds, pumped 2 liters of saline into my arm, ran a bunch of tests and a CAT scan of my guts, decided it was some sort of viral colitis, and sent me home with anti-nausea pills.

I wound up not needing the pills, was totally fine 12 hours later and able to drive home for Thanksgiving with my folks and her family visiting from MA. Unfortunately, she came down with the same thing about midnight after Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily we had the anti-nausea pills and didn't have to go to the hospital, but she had it a little worse than me and took a few days to be back to normal.

First time I've ever had to go to the hospital for being sick, first ever even getting an IV. I've never had anything hit me that fast and that bad before, and I'm really glad it was over as fast as it was.

·
Registered
748 Posts
mountainhippie said:
I got hit by something sudden and nasty the tuesday before Thanksgiving. About 3pm I was all of a sudden in intense stomach pain and unpleasantness from both ends every 15 minutes or so. Couldn't get any fluids to stay down, so I dehydrated incredibly fast and my girlfriend took me to the hospital.

They stabilized me with anti-nausea meds, pumped 2 liters of saline into my arm, ran a bunch of tests and a CAT scan of my guts, decided it was some sort of viral colitis, and sent me home with anti-nausea pills.

I wound up not needing the pills, was totally fine 12 hours later and able to drive home for Thanksgiving with my folks and her family visiting from MA. Unfortunately, she came down with the same thing about midnight after Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily we had the anti-nausea pills and didn't have to go to the hospital, but she had it a little worse than me and took a few days to be back to normal.

First time I've ever had to go to the hospital for being sick, first ever even getting an IV. I've never had anything hit me that fast and that bad before, and I'm really glad it was over as fast as it was.
That sounds like food poisoning. I had something similar to that after I ate bad Chinese food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts