The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one on a 2010 F150 XLT crew cab ?
I am having trouble finding a cat back kit version for a simple bolt up.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Give Summit Racing a call 1-800-230-3030 they should have it or get it for ya. I run them on my nova it does drone which is common for flow masters . Tech will want info on your truck, motor size- crew cab- year- things like that

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suspicions were correct.
No cat back for a 44 series.
Called Holly and the tech was even surprised that there was not one for my truck model year and engine size.
Ended up changing to the American Thunder cat back version and the sound should be very similar to the 44.
Getting a free t-shirt with the change and new order :)....

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
It'll wake up your motor for sure, Now if you can only stop hitting the gas peddle all the time :smile_big:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been putting some upgrades into my 2010 with 75 K miles since I chose not to but a new one earlier this year.
The truck was pretty much garage kept till my son was old enough to drive it back & forth to school.
I only drove it on hunting and fishing trips since I use a company truck for my daily driving.
I know my 17 year old will like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I have 2010 Silverado that's been baby since new! Now I have bubbles showing in the rear wheel wells! Not a happy camper. Your 10 looks real nice

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new exhaust is on and sounding great.
Not real offensive but load enough to let people know especially when you start her up.
What I like best and I did not expect this was that in 3rd gear, the loudness is all but none existent which make highway driving very pleasurable.
Here is a pic after a recent 8 hour detail session.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to fill in what I ended up doing.
1st I called Summit and returned the piece it together set and they were great to work with.
Ended up getting a cat back Flow Master American Thunder series with chromed tail piece.
Everything fit right into existing tail pipe hangers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts