The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
"The backpedaling is not just in Texas, where Abbott abruptly halted the push to loosen more restrictions and is now urgently telling people to stay home. Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, also a Republican, did the same, declaring the state “on pause” as hospitals accelerate toward capacity."

Is it time to get up yet?

And the rest of the story Sig...

Hospitalizations in Texas being overstated, for now....especially in Houston metro.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Pence , in his address on the CV task force which is currently underway, just outlined the protocol those living in the states experiencing an increase in cases should be following. Was hands frequently, hand sanitizer, social distance, avoid mass gatherings. No mention of masking up. The mask has become nothing more than a political tool. The same as anybody in DC....political TOOLS!!!! The Trump administration's lack of respect for science amazes me.....more thanTrump's desire to win at all cost. The guy is really out for nobody but himself.

It really sickens me to have to vote for a person as selfish as Trump. The handling of the last several weeks of the CV thing, and everything else that is going on really shows the true man I figured Trump was. I'll vote for him to keep the Libs out, but I'm not happy about it.

Many who feel the same as I about Trump will NOT vote for him. IMO, Trump is going to be lucky if he wins in November. I certainly hope the Republicans come up with a better candidate in 2024.

Trump is a bigger embarrassment to the Office than Carter or Clinton ever was.....and they were about as embarrassing as it gets.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I don’t hear a simple question asked in the news on message boards etc.

If viruses just don’t go away and there is no vaccine what did people really expect when people start going back to work?

Hospitalizations and deaths are rapidly increasing. So, keep being careful with seniors and people with co morbidities.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
"The backpedaling is not just in Texas, where Abbott abruptly halted the push to loosen more restrictions and is now urgently telling people to stay home. Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, also a Republican, did the same, declaring the state “on pause” as hospitals accelerate toward capacity."

Is it time to get up yet?

Nope.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The mask has become nothing more than a political tool. The same as anybody in DC....political TOOLS!!!!
My man has never donned the face diaper of foolishness and sheep.

The Trump administration's lack of respect for science amazes me.....more thanTrump's desire to win at all cost. The guy is really out for nobody but himself.

It really sickens me to have to vote for a person as selfish as Trump. The handling of the last several weeks of the CV thing, and everything else that is going on really shows the true man I figured Trump was. I'll vote for him to keep the Libs out, but I'm not happy about it.

Many who feel the same as I about Trump will NOT vote for him. IMO, Trump is going to be lucky if he wins in November. I certainly hope the Republicans come up with a better candidate in 2024.

Trump is a bigger embarrassment to the Office than Carter or Clinton ever was.....and they were about as embarrassing as it gets.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Doneworking153

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
My man has never donned the face diaper of foolishness and sheep.
[/QUOTE]

Too bad his disregard for science, among other things, may very well end up costing him the Presidency.

These last couple of months, the man has been defeating himself. The middle ground is where the election will be won. The fence sitters and border line Trumpers are flocking to the Biden camp, and Trump is doing nothing to stop it. It's not you and I Trump need to concern himself with (even though we disagree about masks, we agree Trump is the better choice for the Country). We will pull the Trump lever, regardless. It's the middle Trump needs to win in order to stay in office. At this juncture, I'm not overly confident.

And yet the White House has a strict mask policy...huh.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
how quickly we forget that when all this was starting overseas and it headed this way. Trump wanted to shutdown all international travel and the Demonrats said NO !
now that its all across America...somehow, its Trumps fault...lol
the facts change from day to day! now the Dems want a federal mandate to make everyone wear a mask, that means YOU HAVE TO. careful what ya wish for.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If anyone seriously thinks that Biden is gaining ground, or taking any realistic lead, I have some lightly used bridges for sale...
Besides, we have the entire "debate season" ahead of us... I honestly don't see how Biden can survive (electorally) that. Even if he goes as far as the unprecidented move to refuse to debate Trump, he's toast. The man blew a blood vessel in his eye during a softball Q&A with friendly media... There's a real chance he'll stroke out on live TV in an actual debate w/ Trump.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
And then, just like that, on June 28, 2020, Mike Pence states the Administration is urging people to wear face masks in crowded public spaces....as a matter of fact, he "strongly reiterates " the sentiment. I didn't even know Pence was capable of articulating the word mask. Now to just get the Commander in Chief on board with this science thing. He may be able to pull off this re-election yet. I hope it's not too late.

To think it's come to the point where a thing as irrelevant as a face covering plays a major role in an election is sickening. I'm sincerely hoping it's not where We, as a Country, have gone.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
they want to make it a law, wear a mask or get cited !! i wore mine grocery shopping today and told the wife not to get upset if someone comes walking towards us not wearing one. she said why ?, i told her if that happens i was taking mine off and walking towards them to check their reaction. it didnt happen, i was really in the mood for a confrontation. i was hoping they would start screaming at me for not wearing one. then i could tell them that my mask protects them, if they do not wear one it doesnt protect me, so why should i protect them !!

shame it didnt happen.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I guess we all see things differently. For me, everywhere I go from auctions to the store, ice cream place, gun shop, grocery store, ect. and i see the over whelming majority of people not wearing a mask, I think to myself, those are Trump voters! The MSM media is in "super BS" mode and are going to lie and distort everything it can in hopes of throwing this election. Good luck to them, because from what I am seeing, it ain't work'n, people have had enough!!

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
If anyone seriously thinks that Biden is gaining ground, or taking any realistic lead, I have some lightly used bridges for sale...
Besides, we have the entire "debate season" ahead of us... I honestly don't see how Biden can survive (electorally) that. Even if he goes as far as the unprecidented move to refuse to debate Trump, he's toast. The man blew a blood vessel in his eye during a softball Q&A with friendly media... There's a real chance he'll stroke out on live TV in an actual debate w/ Trump.
Tucker Carlson over at Fox News seems to think Trump is currently losing....I'm afraid ole Tuck may have a valid point.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Tucker Carlson over at Fox News seems to think Trump is currently losing....I'm afraid ole Tuck may have a valid point.

Carlson thinks Trump should take charge and put an end to the rioting and looting but I think Trump's hands are tied. The only thing he could do is send in the military and that could create a problem in several ways. First, the Democrat mayors would demand the military stay out of their cities. Second, since the generals in the military seem to hate Trump would they even obey his order to send troops in? A mutiny by the military would be quite embarrassing. Finally, the media would insist Trump is using the military to quell "peaceful" protestors and compare him to the worst dictators in history. Things could turn out just as badly for Trump by acting as they are by letting the chaos continue. JMO

21 - 40 of 66 Posts