The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And they say Gov. Wolf was goofy?
Apparently smarter than some state Governors.
I guess it is safe to say I am glad I don't live in Florida!

·
Registered
21,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we'll have to wait and see what happens in SEPA a couple of weeks after going green before making any judgements.
I don't disagree...Progress could be short lived if we don't stay vigilant with masks and social distancing.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Wake me up when hospitalizations and deaths go up.
”New cases” is a nothingburger number the media throws out to scare the gullible and easily manipulated.
(y) Lets see some numbers like the number tested positive and those who are asymptomatic.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
According to WorldOMeter (which is fairly consistent with Johns Hopkins, a little out of sync on timing), during the three weeks ending June 22, Florida ran 570,000 tests with a 7% positivity rate. In same time PA ran 177,000 tests with a 5% positive rate. California ran 1.34 million tests!

PA tests less (per 100K residents) than anywhere except a few states.

See? PA numbers low! Wolf was right!

You can spin testing numbers any way you want to fit your agenda. Remember the original goal, flatten the curve so the hospitals are not overwhelmed.

Are we threatening to overwhelm them or not? Got to research that yourself since it cant be spun

·
Registered
389 Posts
In other words, A LOT of people have this virus already and feel no ill effects. The numbers are no worse than they were in April. Just more people finding out they have it. Imagine if EVERY person in Pennsylvania was tested tommorow. What would the numbers look like? Bottom line, we simply need to let this thing run its course.

·
Registered
16,370 Posts
they are testing our crap at the sewage station here in PA. according to the result we should have 20,000 positive cases when we only have 568...we need to start testing more people.
if these numbers are true that means there are 19,500 positive people that have no symptoms.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The media keeps acting like 2.3 million cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. is a disaster, when we typically have 30-50 million cases of the annual flu and had 60 million cases of Swine Flu in 2009 and everyone just yawns at those numbers. Sure, Covid may be more deadly but if it was as widespread as the regular flu we'd have millions dead.

·
Registered
21,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wake me up when hospitalizations and deaths go up.
”New cases” is a nothingburger number the media throws out to scare the gullible and easily manipulated.
"The backpedaling is not just in Texas, where Abbott abruptly halted the push to loosen more restrictions and is now urgently telling people to stay home. Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, also a Republican, did the same, declaring the state “on pause” as hospitals accelerate toward capacity."

Is it time to get up yet?

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I knew this virus was going to become political and divisive, but never dreamed it would get as bad as it has. If you watch CNN you'd believe that the virus is currently ravaging the Country at a rate faster than the peak of the NYC spread in the Spring. If you watch Fox News they act like anyone applying Science to the issue is a fool and everbody should go back to pre-covid habits immediately.

Both sides are lying left and right to further their agenda.....

The libs are preaching apocalypse now, and trying to keep things shut down until after the election. The alt right is disavowing all science and attempting to ignore and sweep everything under the rug.

The smart money is on ignoring both sides and using common sense. But we all know that will never happen.:cautious:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I knew this virus was going to become political and divisive, but never dreamed it would get as bad as it has. If you watch CNN you'd believe that the virus is currently ravaging the Country at a rate faster than the peak of the NYC spread in the Spring. If you watch Fox News they act like anyone applying Science to the issue is a fool and everbody should go back to pre-covid habits immediately.

Both sides are lying left and right to further their agenda.....

The libs are preaching apocalypse now, and trying to keep things shut down until after the election. The alt right is disavowing all science and attempting to ignore and sweep everything under the rug.

The smart money is on ignoring both sides and using common sense. But we all know that will never happen.:cautious:
third option is to trust Mother Nature knows best, but then you’ll be labeled a crazy new age hippie and discredited by both sides 🙄

1 - 20 of 65 Posts