The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious..reading the current PFC regs..a float tube style vessel does not need registered...is that correct the way i read it?..also..operator needs life jacket on and a whistle and a white light?...thanks

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Buckinnuts - you should call the PFBC on this - there is a thing in the book about inflatables needing registration/launch permit to use PFBC property .. http://fishandboat.com/faqregt.htm .. scroll down to "unpowered boats"

·
Registered
239 Posts
We were fishing Tionesta just up from Nebraska one time on tow tubes on a hot summer day and my brother-n-law had one of those emergency paddles about 2-foot long. He received a written warning from a female PFC officer about it needing a launch permit.I would think if your using kick fins they might also ? the action.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It doesn't need to be registered. My understanding is that it does need a PGC or DCNR launch permit if you'll use it at state parks or PGC launches. The stickers can go on placards attached to the sides.

·
Registered
24,820 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic">Trespassing on Fish & Boat Commission property is prohibited where posted.

Float tubes or similar devices are permitted while fishing on Fish & Boat Commission lakes so long as the device contains two air bladder systems.<span style="font-weight: bold"> It may not be propelled by a mechanical device.</span> The user must wear a Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device.
</span>

An inflatable boat must be 7 feet in length or longer and would require a launch permit; a float tube would not as I read the regulations.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that how i read it....no PFC guys here?...i will call anyways but that was my interpetation of not needing a launch permt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts