The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sugestion for the PGC.Simplify the flo orange regs.If you are moving/walking,250sq inches of flo orange required.If you are on stand,sitting,or in a stand,a minimum of 100sq inches of flo orange to be visible 360 degrees,within 10 feet of hunter and a minimum of 5' from ground level.(6" band around a tree at eye level?)
Reason:If someone comes from behind a hunter with his back against a tree,he is not seen.A band would make the hunter visable at 360 degrees.
Late season muzzleloader,archery,and migratory exempt except areas where rifle/shotgun deer seasons overlap.
There......I feel better!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
410-er,

I can see your common sense deal in it!

BUT, I do have 1 problem with it....

Tweek the last part

Late season muzzleloader,archery,and migratory exempt except areas where rifle/shotgun deer seasons overlap.
Get Rid of the Migratory wording Altogether!
With it in there, you sound like you want us waterfowlers wearing FO when we are hunting after Christmas in a Special Regs area that guys are using rifles to hunt deer...

Also, you need to have it listed
Trappers Exempt completly from the FO deal, just like it is now...We don't need Tag Alongs!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
410-er,
What about those of us who like to walk about 25 yards, and stand for about 5 minutes, walk another 25 yards, and stand for another 5 minutes, and so on. I don't wanna have to put a fluorescent orange band around a tree every time I stop for a few minutes while sneaking through the woods.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Add or subtract from it but I think it could be simplier than it is now.I'm sure someone has some idea of making it more uniform across the board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts