The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for flip-up scope caps for a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40. I googled it and couldn't find anything. Any help?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I bought my flip ups from natchez shooting suplies. Just measure the eye piece and bell and order what fits.
mine ran $12 bucks i think for the pair.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Butler Creek is one of the brands I can think of. My personal choice are the clear ones you can see through and flip up also made by Butler Creek. i know Cabelas carries them.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
280 Mike said:
Butler Creek is one of the brands I can think of. My personal choice are the clear ones you can see through and flip up also made by Butler Creek. i know Cabelas carries them.
X2!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I like MidwayUSA for this stuff. They list the dimensions for most of the scopes they offer. According to the site your objective bell outside diameter is 49.3-49.5mm and your ocular bell outside diameter is 42.5-43mm.

Click here for that info!

For the correct Butler Creek cap size just match them up:

Click here for the Butler Creek info!

I'd go with a #17 for the ocular bell and a #30 for the objective bell. You can use a wrap of electrical tape to make a snug fit the cap is a little loose, but I've never had to.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Sorry, for the clear ones it's a #5 for the ocular and #8 for the objective.

I never much cared for the clear ones. They always seemed 'fuzzy' to look through. I round filed all of them and replaced them with the black ones. Now it's all clean glass and no fuzzy/distorted sight picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts