The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
littlepaint said:
I would hate to see inlines in the late season!!
Inlines are nothing more than highpower rifle's. Just without the brass.

Dave

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Haven't we had enough change already? Keep it as is!

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
they change it and they will sale 1 less flintlock license...maybe 1 less license all together...i'll hunt Ohio...

the flintlock season is the best thing goin in this state in terms of deer hunting IMO...well, in all the WMUs where you dont have guys in orange with rifles doe hunting...it changed forever in 2B when they let rifles in...just not the same...and we hunt 1A on the "busy days" of the season just to keep from pushing doe into the rifle hunters....

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I voted to allow - BUT and it is a big one - I would love to see a flintlock only season sometime during the fall for buck and doe. I think flinters are more "traditional" than the new compound bows and it would be nice to get a better chance at harvesting a buck with my flintlock.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I voted NO for Inlines. Flintlock is a great season and part of the fun of flintlock is the challenge. I would be upset if they took away flintlock as teh late season. When you combo up the challenge of a flintlock and the time of year its fantastic hunting. I dont want it ruined by a bunch of jack smacks with there 99 dollar walmart inlines wigging maxi balls at everything that moves.

I wouldnt necessarily be opposed to a move from Flint to straight Cap lock traditional cap lock not inline. That I could live with but I hate Inlines.

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
No way and I will do my best to keep them out. I have nothing against caplocks and inlines and own them both as well as flintlocks, but the late season is for the flintlocks.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish this wouldn't have been moved. I almost never come to the survey forum and I'll probably forget to check on it. I have alot of irons in the fire on HPA.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
moosemike said:
I wish this wouldn't have been moved. I almost never come to the survey forum and I'll probably forget to check on it. I have alot of irons in the fire on HPA.
Amen Mike. I totally agree. If it had to be moved..mebbie to one of the ML Forums but not here in concert to obtain its maximum value to HPA ML folks! JMHO!!

Id sent a PM to Mod to request moving to a ML forum if it were me. Usually they will do so especially in a case like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't be opposed to traditional percussion guns, but if you allow them there would be no way to keep the inlines out. No matter how you structured it, eventually they would creep in, so I voted "flint only".

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loggy said:
moosemike said:
Amen Mike. I totally agree. If it had to be moved..mebbie to one of the ML Forums but not here in concert to obtain its maximum value to HPA ML folks! JMHO!!

Id sent a PM to Mod to request moving to a ML forum if it were me. Usually they will do so especially in a case like this.

I started the same poll in the Muzzleloader forum. As far as I'm concerned this forum is where polls come to die.

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
I seen it in both and voted NO in both. Since I mod the muzzleloader forums I will that one there as well.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
NO. Inlines are just single shot high-powered rifles. PA has something special with the late flintlock system and they should keep it that way.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Keep it flintlocks only. I guess for some folks it all about killing. There is enough time to kill your deer with a 2 week either sex season in most of the state. I love the CHALLENGE of a flintlock. You never know when there will be a misfire or it might go off like a rifle. It takes practice to use a flintlock efficiently. I work harder every year to try and get better. The bottom line is alot of folks don't want to work for it and want to go out with an inline and fill their remaining tags. I have an inline, I use it in West Virginia and PA rifle. They are rifles. Not very challenging.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Jethro B said:
Keep it flintlocks only. I guess for some folks it all about killing. There is enough time to kill your deer with a 2 week either sex season in most of the state. I love the CHALLENGE of a flintlock. You never know when there will be a misfire or it might go off like a rifle. It takes practice to use a flintlock efficiently. I work harder every year to try and get better. The bottom line is alot of folks don't want to work for it and want to go out with an inline and fill their remaining tags. I have an inline, I use it in West Virginia and PA rifle. They are rifles. Not very challenging.
100% agree Jethro...

Too many guys looking for the easy button in life. This season isn't about being easy, and isn't about using primers and all that stuff.

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
Keep it they way it is, more fun because you never know if it going to go boom or not

1 - 20 of 30 Posts