The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 22 of the current PA hunting and trapping digest under " Late flintlock season" it says...
" Flintlock ignition, Single barrel long guns manufactured prior to 1800, or a similar reproduction of an original muzzle loading single barrel long gun 44 cal or larger, or 50 caliber or larger handgun, Using a single projectile.

My question... " Or a 50 caliber or larger handgun" Does this mean my .500 S&W is no longer useless? lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common sence tells me that they are reffering to a 50 cal flintlock pistol, BUT, It looks like it could be undestood as any 50 cal or larger handgun.

In detail it says " Flintlock ignition, Single barrel long guns manufactured prior to 1800, or a similar reproduction of an original muzzle loading single barrel long gun 44 cal or larger" and then " or any 50 cal or larger handgun."

You would think they would be more specific and word it like " flintlock ignition, single barrel 50 cal or larger pistol with single projectile" ....

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Since
"Flintlock ignition"
is before the first comma it is the introductory clause for the entire sentence covering both following clauses. The "or" ties the pistol to the long gun as the adjective after the comma in the two clauses after the main clause.

Its correct Englishing.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
....you mean grammaring!

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Varmintmist said:
Since
"Flintlock ignition"
is before the first comma it is the introductory clause for the entire sentence covering both following clauses. The "or" ties the pistol to the long gun as the adjective after the comma in the two clauses after the main clause.

Its correct Englishing.
Your way to intellgent fir HPA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts