The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All,

I had my two hunting pistols taken from me, and who knows how far away the dirt bags will try to get rid of them. Not something a fence or buy/sell shop would deal in, but who the ---- knows. They were stolen from the back seat of my truck here in Harrisburg between 6:00 p.m. Thursday 4/25, and 8:00 a.m. Friday morning the 26th. I habitually always lock the truck, but one of my back windows was slightly opened an inch or so when I noticed them gone. I must have bumped a button and didn't notice. There were 4 cars in the lot hit that I know of, possibly more.

I completed a Twp. PD report, and already posted pics at the LGS in the area. Please keep an eye out in Your travels, and on various web sites that sell stuff. Contact numbers are on the attached flier pdf. Anybody that can drop it by a Muzzy Shop in Pa., like Dixon's or Ft. Chambers, or others in the Susquehanna Valley, is welcome to print copies, with a heartfelt thank You. If anybody has Greg Dixon's email please send it to him for me, as I don't have one for him.

Thanks Again.

Rusty

Attachments

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure Dutch, I added that question to my flier before posting around the area.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That's ashamed. I know I finished my 50 cal flintlock pistol last year. I built it from a block of wood and components. I have far too much time invested that I would be incredibly mad if someone were to steal it. I hope you recover 'em from the turds who took em.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know I've worked on BP firearms a while, and always figured they would be a real tough fence with present laws? Also know I've marked each piece with more than a few very difficult to locate identifying 'markings', which I document and store separately...but need ask to what end? If the Pcs. are stolen for a quick cash turn, most times when it becomes apparent any parley to cash isn't feasible, they are just tossed. Such a sad thing that someone cannot appreciate the extreme value (other than $) placed in something of the heart and hands, because they have never experienced it for themselves.... One can only Pray that some Joy of the Craftsman is absorbed through skin and transfers to the Perpetrator. Hope these pistols are found..and returned home.
ed

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Sorry to hear this Rusty. If they should happen to surface on the internet for sale. I'll be sure to see them and let you know.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bill, much appreciated.

I hope to find them, but my optimism is lacking.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Retired Rusty.....I can only assume you peruse the gun sales web sites and also perhaps the forums that are all about flintlock\caplock firearms?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Sir, I check about a dozen sites daily.

My worry is that all the critters saw are the cases they were in, and took them. Then when they found the cases didn't hold the pistols they wanted (i.e. revolvers or autos) they could sell downtown at zero dark thirty, they pitched them in the woods or a dumpster.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That is why I never leave a firearm in my vehicle even in my own driveway. Hardly a week goes by that a gun or guns are not stolen from a vehicle in Lancaster city.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
1. when I had some muzzle loaders stolen, the police didn't are about anything but serial numbers. If they gun had none, they would not even take a report.

2. There are bands of these roving thieves hitting cars and vehicles at night. In York county, they frequently hit the employee's cars behind Manor Care nursing homes because the nursing home will not permit employees to bring their purses into the building. They have committed dozens of smash and grabs on vehicles at York Hospital's employee shuttle parking lots. They even hit cars in remote parking lots in the county parks. Probably at Game lands soon as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts