The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TC Renegade that I have hunted very hard with for close to 20 years and is need of some repairs. Can anyone suggest a reputable gunsmith in the Harrisburg, York and Lancaster area?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I would say Bobby Hoyt in Fairfield, considering you are in Dover. Or buy my Unfired "new" Renegade on the for sale boards, price is a bit negotiable!!!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Robert A. Hoyt
700 Fairfield Station Road
Fairfield, Pa.
(717) 642-6696 Tel.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rusty thanks for info. Saw your gun on the for sale board and its a beauty but my gun and me have many memories and deer together and hopefully many more to come.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Is he a general gunsmith or does he do small repairs? Blueing ?

Never knew he was there - close by for me.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
From what I hear, he builds, but PM Zimmerstutzen, he knows the shop. And has mentioned Bobby relining barrels.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
And for small repairs, I go to Chuck Dixon @ Dixons Muzzleloading @10 miles past Cabelas on 737n. Some is while you wait.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Not sure about blueing, but Dixons doesn't do browning.

·
Registered
12,372 Posts
There were a number of black powder gun smiths in central PA. Some concentrated on particular types of repairs.

Here is a few names, don't know if they are all still in the business.

Jim Culler at Ft Chambers Gun Shop, Scotland PA Right at the I-81 exit
Dixon's Muzzle loaders Kempton PA
Brad Emig, Cabin Creek Gun Shop, Hellam PA
Bob Hoyt, fairfield PA great barrel machine work (Hear some folks are having trouble getting through to him, hunting season maybe?)
William J. Slusser 717-486-4817. Mt Holly I think
There are a few others that come to mind, but I don't even know if they are still alive.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
George Keifer in Fleetwood is an old master Muzzle smith. He has repaired many priceless originals as well as build new ones. I don't know if he still works, but there is no one better.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I heard that there is a guy in Danville that does excellent work.
He's suppose to shoot blackpowder competitions. Does anyone know his name and number?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts