The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a group in Clearfield county that have organized shoots and the like? I would like to become more knowledgeble and feel that i could learn from and experienced group.

·
Registered
153 Posts
bigjohn, according to the 2011 Pennsylvania Federation of Black Powder Shooters shoot book thier are no clubs in Clearfield. the closes ones to you are as follows.

Cresson....They have no contact info.
Gallitzin Sportsmens Assoc........contact Richard Sheehan (814)886-9421
Jefferson County Longrifles......Joe Testi (814)371-1301 or "Bull" Fiscus (814)752-2795
Tuckahoe Valley......Nathan Brown (814)742-3978 or Don Blazier (814)742-8208

I have only ever shot at Tuckahoe (as far as I can remember anyhow) but from what I hear they are all ok clubs. Nathan and Don from Tuckahoe are "big wigs" in the federation and might have more information than that listed in the shoot book. Good Luck and Good Shooting.

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
Jefferson county is the closest.I don't belong to it but I know several of their memebers and they're all high quality,knowledgable guys.Joe Testi is actually a pretty good friend of mine.If I had more time,I'd actually get involved.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
No, you don`t have to be in Period Dress. But you gain 10 points if you do. Also, you gain 10 points if you shoot a Flintlock. Worth the trip just to slobber over some of the fine Flinters in use...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts