The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they extended the late flintlock season statewide by 7 hunting days. To end on Monday the 20th. Nice!

I have been asking the BOC to extend the late flintlock season for several years now. Not sure that my opinion mattered but for such a low impact season it is nice to see the added opportunity.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Looks like 7 more days of deciding on small game or flintlock.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Long overdue. Been a proponent of expanded opportunity for many years. Sunday hunting is on the slate for 2020 as well. That one gives those of us with kids, and in my case, grandkids a day opportunity with them as well! If any of you are opposed to Sunday hunting, please consider the REGULATION allows hunting that day, it doesn't make it mandatory. What it does mean is I may be showing up in church in camo:)

·
Banned
89 Posts
Give me me a chance at a buck

Give me me a chance at a buck in early MZ and I be excited even more. This is a low impact season so the resource can handle it. Plus the pre-AR males will get the job done too. Am I asking for too much? :wink2:CleoW

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Give me me a chance at a buck in early MZ and I be excited even more. This is a low impact season so the resource can handle it. Plus the pre-AR males will get the job done too. Am I asking for too much? :wink2:CleoW

Yes IMO you are asking for too much. it will turn a "low impact" season into high impact season. I think the number of ML hunters would increase dramatically and would not be a good thing for the resource.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Looks like they extended the late flintlock season statewide by 7 hunting days. To end on Monday the 20th. Nice!

I have been asking the BOC to extend the late flintlock season for several years now. Not sure that my opinion mattered but for such a low impact season it is nice to see the added opportunity.
I couldn’t find this on the meeting agenda nor the “meeting highlights” link on the site.

Where is this info?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
dpms;3524663 I have been asking the BOC to extend the late flintlock season for several years now. Not sure that my opinion mattered but for such a low impact season it is nice to see the added opportunity.[/QUOTE said:
Since you had luck with this may I suggest you give your opinion on shooting a bear during the late season.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn’t find this on the meeting agenda nor the “meeting highlights” link on the site.

Where is this info?

Thanks!
From PGC website under Final Seasons and Bags news release;

DEER, ANTLERLESS MUZZLELOADER (Statewide): Oct. 19-26. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (Statewide): Dec. 26-Jan. 20. One antlered deer per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (WMUs 2B, 5C, 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 25. One antlered deer per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder why they didn’t just go to a two week extension so it’s the same statewide...?
That is what I have been asking for. It would certainly help to streamline the regulations. I guess the extra week is a start.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
What’s even more weird is they went to the Monday of the week it ends in the extended wmu’s. Literally they ended it 5 days before the extended wmu’s end.

That is really puzzling to me....

How in the world did they arrive at a Monday closer for it?

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Ahhhh.... I should have looked at a calendar.

Still... didn’t anyone over there say “hey if we just let it ride to the next Saturday the whole state is the same”????

That’ll mean like 100 more deer are shot state wide...? Lol

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahhhh.... I should have looked at a calendar.

Still... didn’t anyone over there say “hey if we just let it ride to the next Saturday the whole state is the same”????

That’ll mean like 100 more deer are shot state wide...? Lol
No worries. This fall before the January meeting, I will contact them again and ask that they "let it ride" in 2020/21. Maybe you can join me in asking for this and it may happen.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts