The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad got the Z7 on my recommendation and he is having a problem. He originally had the QAD ultra rest HD put on, but the vanes were hitting, apparently the rest was snapping back too fast. I let him install my trophy ridge drop zone and it wasn't getting enough clearance. He talked to the pro shop and they said to either get the Mathews Downforce rest or the G5 expert.

The shop owner said that the bow is too fast for many of these rests. He asked me to ask the experts here for their recommendations.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
secret said:
maybee the QAD rest was improperly timed? cant see a arrow beating that rest!
I agree. I've never heard of anyone having problems with the QAD. As far as I'm concerned its the best dropaway on the market.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sad thing is, he almost did switch to a crossbow this season. I told him that the new bows today were almost as fast as the crossbow, plus a mathews will hold its value longer (or at least till my son is old enough to hunt.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
the shop owner is full of bull.what do you mean by snapping back the qad falls at the release when locks down so there is no bounce back. the rest should stand up till the very last part of the draw cycle. i've talked to the people at qad and most of their pro's shoot with a nock 1/8 inch high and the cock vane up. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
from the sounds of it, i would put my money on knock point.
i shoot a reezen with a QAD Ultra and i have never had any issues along that line. lets us know what fixes the problem.

·
Registered
336 Posts
As previously stated definately make sure the cock vane is up when uyou nock the arrow. Hopefully that solve your problem because that is a cheap fix.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just read that article. It doesn't say anything about the faster shooting bows like the Z7. Maybe I should have asked where the best pro shop are in PA or NY, and go there to let them fix the issue. Lets do that.

Let's hear the best Pro shops in PA.

·
Registered
615 Posts
spur, read tech support page !!!!!.......theres no way that bow shoots that fast!!!! unless Mathews has developed a bow that defies the laws of inertia?

·
Registered
861 Posts
You may have clearance issues, but it can't be from a bow that is too fast. Impossible. The rest is well out of the way before the arrow ever leaves the string. Having said that, I talked to the owner of my local pro shop and he said that they have nothing but trouble from those rests.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts