The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all
not sure if anyone repairs arrows or builds arrows and had problems with plastic or real feathers pealing off. but i had finally found the solution to the problem. alot of guys not having luck with the new fletch tite.i decided this year i get the arrow shaft cleaner from AEE and that stuff really made a diffrence and now i am getting solid adhesion.

chuck

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I have noticed that with Easton and Beaman arrows, a quick run through a green pad followed by denatured alcohol makes adhesion better. With Gold Tip, I found just the denatured alcohol was enough to get good adhesion. I only use fletchtite platnum for Blazer vanes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ive tried all these different fletch glues and found super glue works best and its alot cheaper

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I used fletch tite for years, followed by fletch tite platinum when Bohning came out with it. Regardless of cleaning method on various carbon shafts, including scuffing, I would occasionally have a feather come loose. I never had a feather come loose when I used to shoot aluminum. I have started using super glue gel and have yet to see a loose feather. It's all I'll use now. BTW, use 100% isopropyl for carbon shaft cleaning rather than acetone, which is the solvent for cyanoacrylate.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I too started using Loc-Tite Ultra gel and doubt I will use anything else at least while they still make this stuff. I've had excellent results and it can come out of the jig pretty quickly allowing me to get a dozen arrows done much faster than before.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Been using fletch tite platinum for awhile with wraps and fethers. The only reason for a feather coming off was it was hit by another arrow or i missed a spot for glue.

For those using the super glue, do you put that right on the bars shaft? Does the residual super glue come off easy when you have to replace a vane? I Just worry about the amount of effort to remove the residual on bare carbon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts