The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost 40 inches long, big nasty guy with a huge gut on him, he broke my good fishing net bringing him up on the landing

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Very Ugly Fish
Only in Cat Fishing is that a compliment
Nice Catch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, actually that was a picture of my buddy holding the fish, I was the one taking the picture, he posts on here as well i believe

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
boclear8 said:
Thanks, actually that was a picture of my buddy holding the fish, I was the one taking the picture, he posts on here as well i believe
Ok, got it. Nice fish, by the way. How is your buddy? I haven't seen any posts from him recently, but he used to be a regular.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
did you weigh it? That fish will definitely get you a citation award. If you didn't, and get any more biggies like that in the future, carry a portable scale and if over 20 lb you can submit the info for a catch and release citation. You'll need length, girth, and a side photo. If it was close to 40 inches like you said, it was also close to 40lb. Great catch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's doing well, we fish a cpl times a week together, no we didnt weigh it, he has a small scale but he forgot it, we were guessin anywhere from 35-40 pounds. He had a huge gut on him but yeah ill have to remember about the citation, we catch 20 pounders pretty steadily, and get a few of these guys a summer if we are lucky enough

·
Registered
199 Posts
dang dude! that thing is a hoss...that cell phone pic you sent me doesnt do this monster justice....way to go. wish i had your fishing skills.

·
Registered
375 Posts
boclear8 said:
He's doing well, we fish a cpl times a week together, no we didnt weigh it, he has a small scale but he forgot it, we were guessin anywhere from 35-40 pounds. He had a huge gut on him but yeah ill have to remember about the citation, we catch 20 pounders pretty steadily, and get a few of these guys a summer if we are lucky enough
Noway thats 35-40 pounds maybe 16,good catch thou

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
people always seem to forget what i look like in person. im a very big guy. i have been catching big catfish on live bluegills and bullheads for quite a while. i have had plenty of fish over 40 lbs on a scale. while this fish most likely wasnt 40lbs it was a bit over 30 and more than likely 35. if anyone has a problem with that then there is nothing i can do. fish was very very large.

i know you fish exclusively for flatheads herdmanager and your archery post about getting a buck today reminded me of you commenting on this thread when i was unable to reply. this fish was 30+. i have no reason to lie. he almost covered the front of a metal fold out chair when we set him on it.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
No doubt in my mind that fish is probably between 33-37 lbs in my opinion. It can be hard to judge them with photos but you can tell this is an older fish by how wide the head is, also he has a good girth. Nice job Shane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts