The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Streamlight, head lantern and Junior flashlights. Tip, always carry 2 two. Along with the head lamp, when one goes dead which always happens when blood trailing, you got a back up. Happens all the time, bulbs, batteries and you are left dragging one out in the dark along with dressing it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
another hint: like Bowhunter-2 As soon as the first goes dead, change out the bulb on the first. Its real hard to change some of these bulbs without any light. Getting to be less of a problem with the more dependeple led lights.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Streamlight Stiner LED with the C4 LED. unbelievable amount of light and there's three levels of light output. My newest favorite light is the Streamlight Sidewinder, with red and blue LEDs. Four lighting levels, with the highest level being more than bright enough for anybody's use other than tactical situations. It runs off of 2AA batteries and it runs for a long time on them. I'm started out getting all the lights that used the CR123 batteries, but you can get decent LED flashlights that run on AA's now.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
octagon said:
Swift said:
Still a fan of the ole 2AA Mags.
Perfect size for getting in and out of your hunting spot in the morning and night
Yep, got a bunch of them that are many years old. Relatively inexpensive, very dependable, adjustable beam, batteries last forever, lightweight, compact and just the right amount of light.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
i have seen some flashlights out there that have a price tag that has literally dropped my jaw to the floor....things must have like 100,000,000 candle power and never run out of life to go for some of the prices i have seen.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I am a big fan of the surefire lights and my trusty rechargeable maglite. One of my co-workers bought the new 5.11 light that recharges in 90 seconds. It is a nice feature, but the light is awfully big.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Swift said:
Still a fan of the ole 2AA Mags.
I don't know??? I can't see spend mega bucks on a flashlight, but I will say I'm tired of buying Mag Lights and only getting a year or less out of them. I have more in my tool box that are "dead" becasue of some reason I can't figure out. It's not the bulbs, I tried that replacement.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts