The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck fixing rubber boots (hole put in one from a stick or metal)? I see cabeelas sells a sealer for minor holes & tears - can this be done or am I better offf looking for a new pair?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
i just repaired mine with shoegoo ,just let it sit for atleast 24hrs before using them agian
i had a 1 1/2" rip and sealed it right up

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I use a tire repair patch kit

·
Registered
40 Posts
+1 for ShoeGoo...it's like duct tape. A quick repair I made to an older pair of leather hunting boots has held up well for the last couple of seasons.

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
doubleT said:
I use a tire repair patch kit
For a really permanent job...I take to a local tire shop(non-chain store type) & have them patch it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses - is it in the shoe section in walmart? Just wondering - never very good at finding stuff in that store.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
walmart is fine

Loggy thank you for your educated comment, I'm sure someone here like it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Over the years, i've had good luck with shoe goo. Lately I've been using the LaCrosse repair kit that contains a patch piece and some Urethane glue. That works well though it is a little expensive. It comes in a small kit that you can throw into your daypack if you are going to deep into the woods. Supposedly you can just dry the surface and put the adhesive patch on.
I just got some Urethane glue that I'm going to give a try.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The best thing that I have found is a repair kit for a swiming pool liner comes with the glue and clear patches, and it has not come off in 2 years

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
had a cheap pair for icefishing,they cracked from U.V. so i took an old pair of neoprene waders cut large patch to cover cracks applied sho-goop put patch on wraped with cord to shape left dry took off cord got two more yrs out of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts