The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a fishing license, does my brother need a license to row his boat while I fish out of it?

Can he operate a motor for me to troll with, if he doesn't have a license?

Can he operate his boat without a license to take me out to the middle of the lake to fish without a license?

I would like to fish out of his boat, but he doesn't want to buy a PA license.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Being in a Boat having a fun day at it while someone else fishs is not against the law... driving the boat while another fishs is not against the law....

As long as he doesn't touch any rods and I think but not sure, as long as he doesn't help land anything... he can dance around on the boat all day while you cast and catch fish...he can lay on the boat and get a sun/wind burn in these cool temps... he can have all the fun he wants on the boat with you while your fishing...

Just as long as he doesn't touch any rods or help in any way in your fishing...

NEVER Heard of anything that it was illegal to drive a boat while another fished...be it driving and the other is holding a rod and is trolling while the non-fishing license person is operating the boat!

If you want a real fast answer on this...call the Harrisburg Office... ask to talk to the law enforcement divission... (717) 705-7800

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Harrysigafoo said:
If I have a fishing license, does my brother need a license to row his boat while I fish out of it?

Can he operate a motor for me to troll with, if he doesn't have a license?

Can he operate his boat without a license to take me out to the middle of the lake to fish without a license?

I would like to fish out of his boat, but he doesn't want to buy a PA license.

Harry...are you fishing for something ?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, fishing for an answer.

thanks Woody I called the number and the woman said "dah...what do you mean...sure do what ever you wantt. I asked about baiting hooks she said sure...even though the regs say no.

Best answer I ever got was from PGC 800 number; when I read the pa law and she said..." we don't go by the laws we go by what we say"????

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You shouldn't be asking the PGC, it is a Fish Commission question.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No Kidding !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts