The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there that doesn't fly fish kettle or pine creeks?..Was wondering if anyone has some tips on what works best for fishing Kettle and Pine Creeks for trout..unfortunately i have not yet taken up fly fishing..so i am still going to be using the spin cast rod this year...Live bait suggestions? or preferably lure suggestions..i usually tend to throw panther martins alot but my last time i was up there i did not have much luck using live bait and spinners..everyone seemed to be nailing trout using flys.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
When there is a hatch on those trout will key in on the hatching fly . On Kettle you can stop in to Baldechinos' if it is still in business above Crossfork .At Slate Run on Pine Creek the Slate Run Tackle shop will fix you up .

www.slaterun.com/

Phil Baldacchino's Kettle Creek Tackle Shop - 570-923-1416

·
Registered
726 Posts
Phils is still open on Kettle. Like FA said stop in he is very helpful and will steer you in the right direction.
As far as bait I usually get a variety and experiment with what the fish seem to be hungry for. Lures I usually use rooster tails, niti's or a kast master or huss lure.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
old phil is still up there and kickin.. he will help you out. if you call up to slate run you can ask them where to fish using bait.. some places on pine are artificial only.. good luck to you

·
Banned
3,541 Posts
One of my best friends and fishing partners will always out fish me on Pine using redfins. He uses the Pine Creek Minnow Rig, by taking a 3-4 foot leader, and placing a split shot every 8 to 10 inches, and a swivel about 14 inches before a treble hook. Thread the minnow head first on the rig and cast, across the current, allow it to swing and jig and retrieve it back it. If you are not getting stuck, add more weight, you will lose a few rigs, so it is best to have them tied up ahead of time.

Find yourself a stream with some red fins and have at it.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe I was at kettle creek tackle shop last time i was up there...i don't recall them having many lures..mostly fly fishing stuff...and lots of flys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts