The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what to get....dont want to spend more than about $500. will be fishing the Susquehanna river, a few small lakes and the sound side of topsail island NC.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i know if i was to get one i would get the one treemouse..on here has...it it sweet
here is a link...s few more bucks tha you want to spend...but worth it in my opinion
fishing kayak

·
Registered
730 Posts
Don't no where your at but the boat store on 272 near Brownstown has a huge display of kayaks.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Old Towne Trip 10 Angler. Really stable and comfortable to fish out of. WE picked one up at Dick's last spring for about $500.00 with the paddle.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Check out used ones and go to a demo day. Here is my current rig. The link is just for reference and I don't think I will sell it for a very long time if ever. My rig cost more than twice you are looking to spend. I stareted with a pereception swifty and then my wife got a perception sound which she still has. I sold my swifty and got an old town dirigo 10xt angler and sold that for my current one. Emotion makes a nice sit on top in your price range and perception makes a nice sit in with that price range.
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthrea...123#Post3053123

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow TEE i like the looks of that one. How big are you? i'm 5-11 and about 230. i didnt want to spend that much but i found it on sale for $779.
Wally world has a sun dolphin journey 12 for $450 that looks nice too. also looking at the lifetime muskie hunter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I fished out of my trophy 126 last year and was good enough. Bought a new ascend fs12 for this upcoming season, pretty excited to fish, hunt and just recreational float. I would check out either the ascends at bass pro or the field and stream models at dicks. Good luck

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Congrats. You might want to add a paddle keeper and leash also. Old window weights make great anchors or you could buy a small one or even a drift sock. A lot of people forget to have a whistle or other sound making device with them and it is required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts