The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since it seems mother nature decided ice fishing season is over , I decided to concentrate on preparation of the kayak . Can we get our fellow kayak fisherman to post pictures of how you rigged your kayak . My pics will be coming later since my pre-ordered Vibe Sea Ghost isn't here yet . I'll also be rigging up some outriggers for my daughters Eagle Talon to boost her confidence on the lake . I'm thinking about using heavy rod holders and PVC . I also picked up a beach type chair for $40.00 at Field and Stream . I'm hoping to mount it on the Talon for a more comfortable ride .

Thanks for any and all ideas .

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well , I got the outriggers done for the Talon . Now I just have to figure out how to mount the new seat . The seat will definitely not be able to be used without the outriggers . When we do a river float she'll have to use the regular seat .
The first picture is of the parts to be used .
The second is of a piece of polycarbonate cutting board that I used to beef up the area where the rod holders will place the most stress on the kayak hull . Others have claimed that the hull could crack from stress after a while . I also used 1/2 inch longer screws for the added thickness .
The third is the finished product before painting .

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts