The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at the big rally yesterday with birdman and his family and archery5150. had an outstanding time with great food, company and entertainment. they are top notch people and awesome hosts. im sure it wont take long and he will have some video of our day on here.

birdman put a whoopin on the competition and won first place in the big bore class of the skills contest despite going over the handle bars and looking to the heavens for a brief time as he landed not so gracefully. haha. he can tell all of you about it, after you see the video!!

couldnt help it buddy, had to let the cat out of the bag!!!!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
NICE!! Sorry I missed meeting most but when I was there Friday AM it was still kind of in set-up mode and the family was anxious to get to the beach.

Next is already on the schedule...

CONGRATS birdman!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lipcurl, it was great spending some time together again. Enjoyed the company. Thanks Birdman and family for hosting us

I'm working on video's of the 2 most interesting rides of the skills competition. Might even throw in a few shots of other stuff too.
Those who did not make it you missed a great time. Thanks to HPA and Campingpa for the tickets. I'm definatly gonna do all I can to get back next year. Same time, same place.
And Lip, "YOU ARE THE BEST DARN RIDER I'VE EVER SEEN, YOU ARE WELCOME TO RIDE MY YAMAHA ANY TIME YOU WANT"

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he was also telling me how proud he was of me for wearing a helmet!! them grizz pull up easy.........LOL

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
My pleasure guys - I had a great time too
! I think next year we'll make a weekend of it. Bucky Covington and his band put on a great show, off stage on the atv skills course and on stage putting on a lively concert - and I'm not even a country music fan!

Brian, I so wish I had you getting your arse chewed by the Yamaha factory rep for pulling wheelies on the demo ride, but we were all too busy laughing at you getting torn a new one by the guy screaming at you and poking you with his finger!

The run for the finals looked a lot better than the qualifying run Rick posted, except for the penalties I incurred because they changed part of the skills course. Nobody made it through without penalties in the finals, and unfortunately I choose the wrong line through the balance section and had two balls fall off costing me 1 minute too many in penalty time, as my actual course run time was better than everyone else by at least 23 seconds. I wasn't too happy about the penalties because I didn't even hit the cones, they had the cones up against the ties that were up on rocks that shifted as you traveled across them causing the balls to fall
. I guess I didn't watch closely enough to see that. I choose to stay to the left side because it seemed almost everyone that ran was knocking balls off the right side going in, the choice to stay left cost me the Overall Winner title, a set of wheels & tires, winch, and prize money - still kicking myself for that screw up. Still can't complain though because I won $50 cash, a cool SS Diamond Plate Fish emblem, and a framed certificate, and hopefully air time on the show for winning the 600-1000cc class!

My pictures and video are to come in the next day or two, I've got a lot of pictures & video footage to go through and edit!

Oh, and I'd also like to say thanks to HPA & CPA for the free tickets!

CampingPA Ranger, sorry I wasn't too talkative when you came over, but I was trying to watch the guys run the course to figure out what worked and what didn't...hmmm maybe you distracted me too much causing me to miss the important info needed to win....
.... Just kidding with you, I'm just trying to find an excuse so that it wasn't my fault

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
All right this will get you started guys, I've got 60+ photos uploading on photobucket now and have more video to work on then...time to catch a few zzzz's

Video of my class winning run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_AeqYEVdQ

Video of the qualifying run - helmet cam footage and regular cam footage with me going over the bars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaG9FvFPZwE

Gorilla axle boys in the mud with their big Canams
(Listen for the heckler near the end when the guys 4wd broke.....wonder who that is Brian
)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZXVwrczfhs

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i know, guys like me ruin it for everyone. but we had lots a fun !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Cowdawg - It was a great time. I really like Birdmans stull position wheelie.

Excellant photo's and video Birdman and Mrs. Birdman. Wish I would have checked my camera's batteries.
I'm gonna post the coolest looking, but most useless trail riding ATV.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Here is a photo I took on my phone before it crapped out

Here is a video of it also

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Pictures and videos from Fishers ATV reunion

Cowdawg, that wasn't the first and I'm sure it won't be the last

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Re: Pictures and videos from Fishers ATV reunion

Great action photos. What camera were they taken with?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

Looks like that was a great time for all. Graceful with the reverse superman to no hander mike.LOL Happens to the best of us, glad you didn't get hurt. Would have been a sweet deal if you would have won the class.

Hilarious the Can Am broke the four wheel drive with Gorilla Axles on it. Can't beat a Yammy!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts

shooter, the camera is a Cannon IS250

Sharkbait, I won the class - just not the overall because of penalties.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts

That appears to be the wrong model number. I couldn't find it in a search.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts

Sorry shooter, it's the Powershot S3, thats what I get for not looking before typing!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts